We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, January 16, 2024.
Walt Disney World
- Disney has announced new details for the 2024 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival, including that it will be a month shorter than it has been in previous years.
- We’ve got the full list of topiaries and gardens coming to the 2024 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- The reopening date for Kali River Rapids at Disney’s Animal Kingdom following its annual refurbishment has been announced.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Walt Disney World has covered some of the H2O+ labels on select hair and skincare products available at their resort hotels following the brand being discontinued.
- A projected opening date has been announced for The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, the newest Disney Vacation Club accommodation.
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort has debuted new merchandise, including a Loungefly mini backpack, lighthouse-inspired items, and more.
- New merchandise featuring Grogu from “The Mandalorian” has arrived at Walt Disney World, including a new Loungefly mini backpack, a Spirit Jersey, and more.
- We spotted a new “Bicoastal Adventures” pin celebrating Space Mountain at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World has teased its next complimentary Annual Passholder magnet.
- We spotted a helicopter lowering an elephant figure into the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Park early this morning.
- A new dessert, the Upside-down Pineapple Bread Pudding, has joined the menu at Aunt Cass Cafe in Disney California Adventure, and we gave it a review.
Entertainment and Media
- Disney+ will be available at launch on the Apple Vision Pro, and Apple has shared details and a preview video of the service operating on the mixed reality headset.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Walt Disney Company has revealed its nominees for the upcoming Board of Directors election that will take place at its Annual Meeting of Shareholders — as well as advised on whether those shareholders should vote for the nominees put forth by Trian Fund Management.
- Former Disney CEO Bob Chapek has been appointed to the Board of Directors for medical tech firm Masimo, his first role since being fired from Disney.
- Disney has released the fiscal 2023 salaries for current CEO Bob Iger and former CEO Bob Chapek.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!