We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, January 3, 2024.
Walt Disney World
- If you’re visiting EPCOT, you may want to head to the Germany Pavilion, as a brand-new Germany Souvenir Stein just dropped.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- As previously announced, Kali River Rapids at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be closed for its annual refurbishment beginning on January 8, 2024. We now know approximately when it will reopen.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Bayview Gifts in Disney’s Contemporary Resort has two new murals inspired by the resort and Mary Blair’s artwork.
- A new discount for Walt Disney World Resort hotel stays of five nights or more has been announced.
- Walt Disney World has announced a hotel room discount for Annual Passholders available in early 2024.
- A new hotel discount for Florida residents vacationing this spring and summer in Walt Disney World has been announced.
Other Walt Disney World News
- More information has been released about the previously announced free dining plan offer for Disney+ subscribers on Walt Disney World vacations.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- The depressed donkey who always expects the worst in any situation found himself the unexpected hero during an earthquake warning at Tokyo Disneyland. In an Instagram reel from user jasnhill, Eeyore calms guests and shows them how to stay safe at the park.
Disney Cruise Line
- For a limited time, guests who book select Disney Cruise Line sailings only need to pay half of the required deposit at the time of booking.
Entertainment and Media
- During an official “Star Wars: Unlimited” live stream, creators behind the upcoming trading card game revealed new foil and hyperspace cards.
- Steamboat Willie will soon enter the horror genre, as a horror film starring Steamboat Willie has been announced by director, Steven LaMorte.
- The very first image of Mickey Mouse in “Steamboat Willie” is now an NFT, minted at midnight on January 1.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Walt Disney Company will discuss their fiscal first quarter 2024 financial results via live audio webcast on Wednesday, February 7, 2024.
- Investment firm Blackwells Capital LLC intends to nominate three individuals for Disney’s Board of Directors at the 2024 Annual Meeting of Shareholders this spring, The Walt Disney Company shared in a statement.
- The Walt Disney Company has entered an agreement with ValueAct Capital Management, L.P., a San Francisco-based investment firm.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!