We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, January 4, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney World has announced the schedule for the Disney on Broadway concert series, which takes place during the 2024 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts, from January 12 through February 19.
- Disney released the full menus for the 2024 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts food studios on Thursday. The festival runs from January 12 through February 19.
- Disney today released a preview of 2024 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts food and souvenirs, including a first look at a new Imagination Pavilion popcorn bucket featuring Figment.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Disney’s Hollywood Studios option of the Walt Disney World Genie+ Service is sold out today, January 4, 2024.
- The new “Play in the Park” collection we’ve seen at Walt Disney World has also arrived at Disneyland Resort.
- Several new runDisney designs are available in MaDe kiosks at Walt Disney World for the 2024 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend this week.
- Fans looking for an uplifting message or a way to show their Haunted Mansion obsession can find them both inside Uptown Jewelers at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World.
- Construction is trucking along at Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, the attraction set to open late this year in Disneyland.
- Disneyland Resort will resume sales of Magic Key passes — their equivalent to Annual Passes — on Wednesday, January 10, 2024.
Disney Cruise Line
Entertainment and Media
- According to data compiled by Whip Media, “The Mandalorian” on Disney+ was the most-watched original streaming series in the U.S.A. in 2023.
- Disney Legend Glynis Johns passed away on Thursday at the age of 100, ABC 7 Eyewitness News reports.
- There’s a new box office heavyweight on the block, taking the crown from the titan heavyweight that is The Walt Disney Company: Universal Pictures ranked as the highest-grossing studio at the box office in 2023.
- Ravensburger announced on Thursday that in 2024 they will move to a new format for their Disney Villains-based Villainous game that is cheaper and more accessible to beginners.
- Charter Communications customers with their Spectrum TV Select bundle now have access to the ad-supported Disney+ Basic at no additional cost.
- Marvel’s upcoming series “Echo” stars Native American actress Alaqua Cox as Maya Lopez, a member of the Choctaw Nation. The “Echo” creative team worked closely with the Choctaw Nation on the series and will be releasing a Choctaw language dub of the five episodes.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!