Gina Carano is suing Disney over her firing from “The Mandalorian,” Blackwells Capital has launched its Disney proxy fight, and Disney, Fox, and Warner Bros. are teaming up for a new sports streaming app — all this and more in today’s daily recap for Tuesday, February 6, 2024.
Walt Disney World
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- New concept art for “The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure” show has been released, along with auditions for puppeteers being posted.
- A new sequin-covered Snow White ear headband is now available at Walt Disney World.
- A new Limited Edition pin inspired by the Three Caballeros and Gran Fiesta Tour is now available at Walt Disney World.
- Two more Haunted Mansion-themed Halloween decorations have leaked, and will be available for purchase from Lowe’s later this year.
Entertainment and Media
- Disney, Fox, and Warner Bros. Discovery are teaming up to launch a new joint sports streaming app.
- The next Star Wars film, “The Mandalorian & Grogu,” has set its production start date.
- Gina Carano has filed a lawsuit against Disney and Lucasfilm over her firing from “The Mandalorian,” and Elon Musk is footing the bill.
The Walt Disney Company
- Blackwells Capital has officially launched its proxy fight to get three seats on Disney’s Board of Directors.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!