Greece has been around since the very first Epcot International Food & Wine Festival in 1996. This year, the 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival takes place August 30 – November 12, 2018.
Menu for Greece at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles and Vegan Tzatziki (V) – $4.75
- Taste of Greece: Chicken Souvlaki, Feta Cheese Dip with Warm Pita and Lamb Sausage with a Dill Tomato Ragu *NEW* – $8.00
- Spanakopita: Greek Spinach Pie (V) – $4.50
- Bougatsa: Warm Phyllo Dough Strudel with Sweet Vanilla Custard, Lemon Honey Syrup and Cinnamon (V) – $4.00
*Price per bottle is an average price of the spirit at your local liquor store.
- Domaine Skouras Moscofilero, Peloponnese ($22/bottle) – $5.00
- Domaine Sigalas Assyrtiko, Santorini ($23/bottle) – $7.00
- Argyros Atlantis Red Blend, Santorini ($15/bottle) – $7.00
- Wine Flight – $6.50
Photos of Menu Items for Greece at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles and Vegan Tzatziki (V) – $4.75
Debuted in 2017, the Loaded Greek “Nachos” are still a lot of food—and vegetarian friendly. A healthy portion of onions, olives, meatless sausage crumbles (that taste like real sausage!) and more top what’s also a healthy portion of pita chips. This is a unique item that screams Food & Wine festival. If you’re with a group, this is an easy dish to share.
Taste of Greece: Chicken Souvlaki, Feta Cheese Dip with Warm Pita and Lamb Sausage with a Dill Tomato Ragu – $8.00
Last year, the “Taste of Greece” dish had grape leaves, which honestly didn’t keep very well in the booth before being served. Fortunately, they’ve remedied the problem with a more robust offering in 2018. While the feta cheese is listed as a dip with the warm pita, it more surrounds the entire pita, making for one large bite—or a few forkfuls. The chicken souvlaki is rather tasty and easy to eat from the stick, but the star here is the lamb sausage. There’s just enough tomato ragu on top to bring out the flavors from the lamb, which isn’t overpowered by the few sprigs of dill garnish. The dish is a culinary adventure, but the portions are almost too small to even share.
Spanakopita: Greek Spinach Pie (V) – $4.50
Flaky puff pastries filled with cheese and spinach, and served warm, yields to a crunchy and satisfying bite. While they’re not the most exciting thing at the festival, we believe your family will enjoy this classic Greek dish.
Bougatsa: Warm Phyllo Dough Strudel with Sweet Vanilla Custard, Lemon Honey Syrup and Cinnamon (V) – $4.00
This tastes more like it belongs in Germany than in Greece. That’s not a bad thing though. The warm phyllo dough plays well with the sweet custard packed inside, and a generous sprinkling of cinnamon unifies the dish. The Greece booth knows how to make flaky pastries, and this is a really great option for a dessert.
Wine Flight – $6.50
Wine and beer flights are a smart choice at the Epcot festivals. Instead of spending money on larger pours, opt for the flight to try more at one sitting (or sipping). If you really like something, go back and get a glass. The bottles aren’t expensive or difficult to find, but they’re also not particularly mind-blowing, either. Still, it’s a nice way to try three distinctive wines.
Location of the Greece Marketplace Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The Greece Booth is located at the entrance to World Showcase along the Promenade on the way to Mexico.
- REVIEW: Greece at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2018
- All of our 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- Previous coverage:
- VIDEO: Food & Wine Review, The Price is Right Force Friday Edition and More on WDW News Tonight
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (9/21/16) – Food & Wine 2016 Review, Goodbye Stitch, & The Price is Right
- All-New WDW News Today: The Radio Show Tonight (10/01/15) Food and Wine Review ETC.
- Full Epcot Food & Wine Festival Review and We Play The Price is Right, Tonight (9/25/14) on WDWNT: The Radio Show
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!