Hawaii joined the Festival in 2011, so this year marks its 9th appearance at the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, taking place August 29 – November 23, 2019. All four of the food offerings are identical to last year, with only one new item in the beverage department.
Menu for the Hawaii Marketplace at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise – $5.25
- Grilled Tuna Tataki with Seaweed Salad, Pickled Cucumbers, and Wasabi Cream inspired by AULANI Disney Vacation Club® Villas, Ko Olina Hawai’i – $5.25
- Teriyaki-glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers, Onions and Spicy Mayonnaise – $4.25
- Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Toasted Macadamia Nuts (V) – $4.00
*Price per bottle is an average price of the spirit at your local liquor store.
- Maui Brewing Company Bikini Blonde Lager (5.2% abv) – $4.50
- Florida Orange Groves Sparkling Pineapple Wine, St. Petersburg, FL ($30/bottle) – $10.00
- 🆕 AULANI Sunrise: Vodka, DOLE® Pineapple Juice, and Grenadine – $14.50
Photos of Menu Items from the Hawaii Marketplace at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise – $5.25
The pork slider has become a Food & Wine staple, much like the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. Expect a small bun full of tender pulled pork topped with a potent pineapple chutney and slathered in a spicy mayonnaise. After a bite most of the sandwich falls apart so we recommend grabbing a fork to help pick-up the remainder. It’s a really great sandwich that feels worth the money.
Grilled Tuna Tataki with Seaweed Salad, Pickled Cucumbers, and Wasabi Cream inspired by AULANI Disney Vacation Club® Villas, Ko Olina Hawai’i – $5.25
Yeah, it’s a little overpriced, as with most seafood at Epcot festivals. This item first appeared in 2017 when it replaced the Tuna Poke. While the poke was small, this portion certainly feels smaller. The tuna is grilled just enough to give a nice colorful edge to the fish while leaving the middle near raw. If you’ve never had properly grilled tuna like this before this is an excellent opportunity to enjoy this delicate fish without dedicating yourself an entire meal.
Teriyaki-glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers, Onions and Spicy Mayonnaise – $4.25
This one is SPICY. Well, not overwhelmingly spicy, but enough to bring the heat among the other relatively calm items at Hawai’i. Plus grilled SPAM is actually delicious, who knew? The entire hash mixture is comprised of the aforementioned grilled SPAM, peppers, potatoes, onions, and a nice squeeze of spicy mayonnaise on top. It’s a unique, flavorful, and interesting dish. Recommended.
Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Toasted Macadamia Nuts – $4.00
This cheesecake is rather tame on the fruit flavor, the passion fruit on top is subtle enough to be noticed without overbearing making this cheesecake nice and balanced. The macadamia nuts paired with the cheesecake are excellent. It’s not the most exciting dessert at the festival, but it’s worth a second look especially at the $4 price tag.
Maui Brewing Company Bikini Blonde Lager (5.2% ABV) – $4.50
From Untappd: “A clean, crisp & refreshing Helles, perfect any time.”
Florida Orange Groves Sparkling Pineapple Wine, St. Petersburg, FL ($30/bottle) – $10.00
From Florida Orange Groves Winery: “Our sparkling Pineapple wine offers you and your palate a crisp and refreshing taste of Florida in a bottle. Made from 100% pineapple juice you won’t need to imagine hints of flavors or finishing notes.”
*NEW* AULANI Sunrise: Vodka, DOLE® Pineapple Juice, and Grenadine – $14.50
Want to get your drink on during the festival? This is the drink for you! While fourteen dollars is a bit steep for a festival drink, it’s a full size beverage (a full ounce of vodka) and comes in this cool souvenir glass! There are a few problems with this drink though, as we found the vodka to be of the bottom shelf quality and they tried to mask that taste with the pineapple juice and grenadine. However, at the end of the day it’s a full size drink and we can’t say no to that!
Location of the Hawaii Marketplace Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The Hawaii Marketplace Booth is located at the entrance to World Showcase at World Showcase Plaza just off to the right as you enter World Showcase from the central walkway from Future World. It is #10 on the map below.
- REVIEW: Hawai’i at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2019
- All of our 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- Previous coverage:
- REVIEW: Hawai’i at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2018
- VIDEO: Food & Wine Review, The Price is Right Force Friday Edition and More on WDW News Tonight 2017
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (9/21/16) – Food & Wine 2016 Review, Goodbye Stitch, & The Price is Right
- All-New WDW News Today: The Radio Show Tonight (10/01/15) Food and Wine Review ETC.
- Full Epcot Food & Wine Festival Review and We Play The Price is Right, Tonight (9/25/14) on WDWNT: The Radio Show