Well, we’ve got good news and bad news. It all depends on how you look at it. The Disney executives that viewed the first cut of “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” really saw some things that they did not like and the reshoots are a lot bigger than what I was expecting.
According to MakingStarWars.com:
- Some crew initially heard J.J. Abrams was supervising the reshoots.
- Gareth Edwards is doing the reshoots himself but with a partner, Christopher McQuarrie.
- Christopher McQuarrie, the final writer on Rogue One will be working extensively with Edwards onset to make sure they’re on the “same page” with the most recent draft of the film.
- Christopher McQuarrie’s draft of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was considered superior to the film they shot previously.
- It was not Edwards’ fault as McQuarrie’s draft wasn’t completed when much of the film was shot and revisions kept coming in that made the film feel uneven.
- 32 sets have been recreated for the reshoot.
- The crew expects they are reshooting 40% of the film.
- They are working 6 days a week for 8 weeks.
They are reshooting 40% of the film and for two months? That’s a lot! They are bringing in J.J. Abrams to help with the reshoots? I don’t think they would do so if there were not some major issues. And for the “Star Wars Story” not to be finished while they were filming, sounds like they may have been rushing things.
Yes, it seems bad but the good thing is they are addressing the issues, taking things seriously and it makes me feel better to know that Abrams is supervising the reshoots.
Will the movie be delayed? “Rogue One” is scheduled to be released on December 16th. If they cant work all of this out in two months, it has a strong possibility. Let’s hope that things work out but I would rather them delay the film if it’s not all that it could be then be stuck with a bad movie.
Source: Making Star Wars
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!