Disney has a very rich and unique history, all starting in 1923 and continuing an incredible legacy to this day. Now, let’s take a trip back in time and enjoy a short glimpse of what happened today in Disney history.
- On February 1, 2014, Disney’s animated film Frozen was the big winner at the Annie Awards, with a total of 5.
- On February 1, 2013, Tony Baxter, who was the Senior Vice President of Creative Development at Walt Disney Imagineering, stepped down after more than 30 years of service.
- On February 1, 2008, Robert A. Iger signed a contract for 5 years minimum to be the Chief Executive Officer of the Disney Company, but has stayed on and is still the current CEO.
- On February 1, 1998, Walt Disney World’s 25th Anniversary Celebration finally concluded.
- On February 1, 1991, James Macdonald, the second voice of Mickey Mouse, passed away at age 84 in Glendale, California.
- On February 1, 1972, the very first price increase in the park ticket price for the Magic Kingdom occurred when admission went from $3.50 to $3.75.
This is just some of what happened on this day in Disney history.
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!