Donald Trump is Going to be in The Hall of Presidents at the Magic Kingdom

What is Happening to the Hall of Presidents at the Magic Kingdom? Will Donald Trump Speak?

The Hall of Presidents at Walt Disney World closed for refurbishment over 3 months ago, with little to no announcement from Disney as to what changes were going to be made. The 2016 Presidential election was a controversial one, and that was long before a winner had even been decided. However, the real controversy now is if the current President of the United States will continue to be offered a speaking role in the attraction.

Starting in the early 1990’s, the current President of the United States was not only added to the attraction, but given a speaking role in it, beginning with Bill Clinton. George W. Bush and Barack Obama followed, provided speaking roles and also bringing about considerable rewrites and changes to the existing attraction.

While it has been confirmed that Donald Trump will be added to at the attraction in audio-animatronics form, it is still unknown if he will speak, despite the fact that we are now just 2 months away from the reopening of the Hall of Presidents.

Rumors indicate that Disney may never even release a statement when the attraction reopens (to avoid backlash in either direction), but according to sources, Donald Trump will simply stand in the background with other presidents during the classic attraction’s stirring finale. Speaking roles in the attraction will likely be kept to George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, and it is not expected at this time that Morgan Freeman will return as the narrator. This is all unconfirmed at this time, but that’s at least the buzz around cast members in the Magic Kingdom.

I’m sure Disney is hoping that all of the media buzz around Pandora: The World of AVATAR will distract from the Hall of Presidents scheduled reopening in late-June 2017, but whatever may happen, we will continue to bring you updates on the fate of the opening day Magic Kingdom attraction.

TimP

This will be a major break of precedent to not have Donald Trump speak. I will be disappointed. Perhaps they should consider a compromise. Let all the modern presidents give a parting salutation with Donald Trump saying “Make America Great Again.”

Melanie
Melanie
Reply to  TimP

Ha ha #NotMyHall, watch out Minnie and Daisy!

Masta Gracey
Masta Gracey
Reply to  TimP

Because most Disney fan boys can’t relate to that.

Reply to  TimP

Ronald Reagan’s slogan was actually “Let’s Make America Great Again”. Had that extra word. Clinton and Obama had some memorable words. You might want to re-think the airing of those like “I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky” and ” If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor.”

Bob
Bob
Reply to  TimP

ha-ha!

#NotMyHallOFPresidents
#NotMyHallOFPresidents
Reply to  TimP

I’m so sorry, I didn’t realize that boasts of unwanted sexual aggression was the same thing as a consensual relationship. Regardless of which, it must really speak of your character that you need to rely on the argument of “but this guy did something bad, so it must be ok for this guy.” I’m not even going to touch the Obama quote because that’a clearly just something that personally bothers you because you must’ve had to change doctors and they won’t prescribe you the same erectial disfunction medicine.

Brian

By your standards, not a single President is worthy to stand on that stage, because you can find something offensive or ill-advised documented being uttered by every one of them. (Don’t even get me started on how racist Lincoln was!) It doesn’t excuse any of them for what they’ve said in public or private, but it also doesn’t disqualify any of them from being up there.

Then again, considering how you haven’t contributed anything to this mostly civil debate except trollish insults, you likely don’t have any standards to speak of.

TimP

Nice for you to recast the argument. I was merely saying memorable quotes should be aired if you want to go there and you apparently do want to go there. Clinton’s and Obama’s lies should be aired for everyone to hear. They are so fun to hear again. “Make America Great Again”

Brad W
Brad W
Reply to  TimP

Mine goes ‘ding ding ding dingy ding dink,’ and theirs goes ‘ding ding ding, ding ding.

kyoung6166
kyoung6166
Reply to  TimP

Keep your comments to yourself, you do not deserve the forum your leaving your racist comments on. He was voted in by the citizens of this country whether you like it or not. We had to survive with 8 years of the last president who tore this country almost into civil war.

Brian

ISTR that when Obama was added he wasn’t given a speaking role right away. It was only added a few years afterwards. Am I remembering that right?

I would think they would do it the same way with Trump.

Zach
Zach

I assure you, liberals are no more upset now than I was when Obama won. I still visited and enjoyed HOP, however, as the attraction is greater than one person. Yet another example of no actual tolerance from the party that constantly preaches it.

Well...
Well...
Reply to  Zach

that escalated quickly…

WDW Fan
WDW Fan
Reply to  Zach

No need to be so rude and hateful.

Tony
Tony
Reply to  Zach

And with that you can see how correct Zach is!!

PretenderNX01
PretenderNX01
Reply to  Zach

Oh please, look at any YouTube video of the attraction with Obama in it and so many conservatives commenting “the last one ruined it” because Obama spoke.

AFATDS
AFATDS

What’s the precedent on this? Did Disney announce what changes were being done with prior presidents this far out still from opening, or are you trying to stir up controversy for clicks? Due to my occupation I have to remain unbiased on what I think of him, but this just seems like a stretch of a post here.

Jonathan
Jonathan

I can remember many rude things said during ‘W”s speech when he was president. And we, as a people, are way more divided now than we were then. This seems like a good call to me.

MM
MM

I can see Disney NOT giving a speaking role and taking away speaking roles from the current POTUS and just leaving the founding fathers. That actually makes some sense.

But, I find it very very hard to believe the would just throw the current POTUS in the background somewhere with everyone else. That would cause more controversy than if he did have a speaking role. I dont see that happening.

He will be upfront but NOT speaking is my guess

R2D2WooWoo
R2D2WooWoo
Reply to  MM

LOL even if they put him in the background, his day-glow orange skin tone will still be blinding. Honestly, I avoided it when Obama got in there and I’ll still be avoiding it with Trump. And god bless whatever poor sound tech has to do 100 takes with “President Word Salad” to get something intelligible recorded.

Jedi Billy
Jedi Billy

Drump will eventually sit next to Nixon!

Reply to  Jedi Billy

You mean Obama will sit next to Nixon. Susan Rice is Miss Deep State Throat for leaking surveillance to the media.

Disney Bob
Disney Bob

Disney has the perfect place for liberals… Fantasyland.

Disney should stay true to the exhibit and in tradition of the past 3, have Mr. Trump speak.
People don’t like it, they can easily do what the folks who didn’t care for President Obama did…
grow up and sit through it, or go on “It’s a Small World” instead. No one is forcing anyone to go in.
Plenty of choices.
Keep politics OUT of Disney!

Disney Poot
Disney Poot
Reply to  Disney Bob

Keep politics OUT of an attraction full of politicians! Makes sense!

ScottieB
ScottieB
Reply to  Disney Bob

I’ll go–He’s a great lesson for my kids—money can’t buy class or humility…

Audrey
Audrey
Reply to  ScottieB

ScottieB!! My Hero!

Reply to  ScottieB

Or decent hair plugs

kyoung6166
kyoung6166
Reply to  Disney Bob

Well Said!

Disney Pete
Disney Pete
Reply to  Disney Bob

Well it’s right there in the name knuckle dragger

Gregory N. Baker
Gregory N. Baker

As someone who personally believes that Trump is the worst thing to happen in American politics in my 40 years on the planet, I think it would be an insult for him not to at least be invited to speak. When I last went to the Hall of Presidents in 2012, I was leery of Obama’s speech, because I feared claps and boos from the crowd. I believe there was one loud shout in approval for Reagan, but no boos for Obama. Normally, the Hall is a pretty dead attraction – people are more interested in a few minutes of… Read more »

ScroogeMcDuck
ScroogeMcDuck

Gregory – I completely agree with your sentiment. And yes I agree that the POLITICAL message of all the Disney parks is science, american ingenuity, history, literature etc. Clearly all of us on this board enjoy the Disney parks and the Disney brand of things. The themes of the HOP should be a larger inspiration to us, but I truly feel in the most respectful terms that Trump and his enablers are not representative of the our Republic. We often have a narrow and myopic view of our own history, and yes I also feel we must have a common… Read more »

Charles
Charles

Libertarian/constitutionalist/classical liberal here (fiscally conservative/socially liberal). I’m not a fan of Trump…or Hillary…or Gary Johnson…or any of the presidents in recent history. Not sure if we’d agree politically, but I definitely agree with and appreciate your sentiment. Thanks for taking the time to write it. Much respect.

Victoria Cole
Victoria Cole

I too shall not be hapy that the great orange Baffoon will be joining the honestly elected Presidents of the Iunitef States. But I think I have a solution if he speaks: stick your fingers in your ears, close your eyes, and hum the Battle Hymn of the Republic!!!

I do wonder however how WDW will handle it when 45 is arrested and hauled off to jail for Treason. Perhaps they will change the setting to 45 awaiting hanging and all the real Presidents applauding?????

Progressive Music Lover
Progressive Music Lover
Reply to  Victoria Cole

You miserable little twerp….it is because of people like you I m unable to successfully convey the important message of social justice and economic equality. You bray like an ass which only turns people away from our progressive values that can be used to battle the right wing in this country. How can anyone take us seriously when you complain about an animatronic representation of Trump!!

Smh
Smh
Reply to  Victoria Cole

What is wrong with you?

We had to sit through eight years of NObama so you can sit through eight years of Trump.

Pony Horton
Pony Horton

Wonderfully well reasoned and intelligent comment, Gregory. I am basically a Liberal, and I cannot abide Trump, the Bushes, or Reagan. But I would not dream of vocally reacting in such an attraction. I like to think I’m secure and mature enough to view it as you stated… a harmlessly uplifting message about America. I would NOT want to do anything to spoil the experience for others, especially when you consider many families are there on a Once In A Lifetime visit, or maybe there are Make A Wish kids there. The LAST thing they’d need would be me, or… Read more »

Mike
Mike

If you don’t support him, thats your choice. I personally don’t agree with everything the man says, but I am not sure if I can say that about any president that has ever been elected. Regardless, I’m going to the attraction and judging it on how good the attraction is, not because Trump will be in it.

Clyde
Clyde

If they let the orange man speak, I won’t visit the attraction. He’s an embarrassment to this nation, and represents all the good and fairness that Disney stands for.

Dis fan
Dis fan

I’m not a big Trump fan, but I am really hoping for the best for our country. With that being said Donald Trump should absolutely speak in The Hall Of Presidents, it would be a shame for someone to make a decision for him not to speak based on their own personal beliefs. Regardless of what people think he is our President and I hope that he does well and makes some good things happen.

Kim
Kim
Reply to  Dis fan

Agreed. I hate #45s politics -BUT- he IS our president. Not to have him in the hall, speaking as do all the others would be the beginning of making a mockery of the one attraction that Disney has done a decent job of keeping up with.

I think he fits in well with the “imagination” thee Disney has. Let him imagine…

Progressive Music Lover
Progressive Music Lover

If there is one thing that I cannot stand, it is a person that constantly throws their politics in your face. The number of simpering fools that contribute to the comments section is staggering.

Steve
Steve

It’s probably for the best that they retire the speech for the current President, putting my personal politics aside, we’ve simply allowed ourselves to become too divided that when we feel we need to shout at a robot version of the current President, maybe it’s time to leave the speaking to Mr. Washington and Mr. Lincoln, that way Disney doesn’t have to worry about appearing to support or not support any particular president or political affiliations.

Victoria Cole
Victoria Cole
Reply to  Steve

Perhaps they could addFranklin Roosevelt? He certainly did a lot for this country in its darkest hours!

Victoria Cole
Victoria Cole
Reply to  Steve

Perhaps they could add Franklin Roosevelt? He certainly did a lot for this country in its darkest hours!

Stephen
Stephen

Unbelievable. This attraction is a history of the United States President’s and of our country. Of the 44 people that have held the office many if not all had political views that were opposed by Americans. Should we only keep the ones that were good? Be careful because it will depend on who makes the determination on that. It’s a theme park attraction please get in with you’re lives !

James
Reply to  Stephen

43 people prior to Trump.

James
Reply to  James

Great trivia question.

Cannibalking
Cannibalking

Time to shut down HOP.

Reply to  Cannibalking

Why would they shut down the House of Pancakes?

Breakfast man
Breakfast man
Reply to  TimP

Oh no!!! I love all of the different syrups that they have there ????

Jeff
Jeff

I think it comes down to whether he wants to speak or not. He’s not exactly the biggest fan of ABC, he may not want to volunteer his time to speak in the attraction.

Rann
Rann

If the other modern presidents are speaking, then Donald Trump should too. If it’s just the Founding Fathers, I’m fine with that as well. The argument that somehow Donald Trump should be excluded from speaking but other modern presidents like Obama and Clinton (or even W.) should not is ludicrous though. If disagreeable politics or serious character flaws were the criteria for exclusion from the Hall of Presidents, then NO ONE would be in it. FDR and Woodrow Wilson were racists. JFK had affairs. Clinton? Woah. The list goes on and on. The man was fairly elected president just like… Read more »

Brandon Sterk
Brandon Sterk
Reply to  Rann

Did you say “fairly” elected? Have you watched the news in the last 4 months? There is NO doubt that the election was tampered with by outside forces (cough..Russia). Not to mention the fact that he lost by 3 million votes. Lets not forget, Dump himself said the election was “rigged and fixed”. So yes he was elected…but it was not fair nor is he even a legitimate president .

Rann
Rann
Reply to  Brandon Sterk

Hi Brandon… Yes. Fairly elected. Despite the media hyperventilation over the Democrat loss, the Russians weren’t actually “hacking” anything having to do with the election process itself, which includes things like voting machines. The DNC leak…so what of it was leaked? None of it was false. If anything it gave voters MORE legitimate information to work with. At most you could say the Russians ran an online false information campaign, but have you seen the NYU and Stanford study concluding that fake news DID NOT impact the election in any significant way? Also, how is this any different than what… Read more »

DH
DH
Reply to  Brandon Sterk

Yes. Fairly elected, Brandon. You may want to at least glance at the Constitution to see what’s in it. There’s alot of good stuff in there! Between the countless cowardly attacks on voters and supporters, the riots, the censorship by violence and all the personal name calling and insults that are constantly being thrown around, I seriously doubt that a large faction left has the maturity to handle this. You can just look at just this string of comments and see how many insults, explicatives, and even threats are in here and easily deduce which side of the aisle they… Read more »

Progressive Music Lover
Progressive Music Lover

A comment this stupid could only have been written by a Trump supporter in an effort to make us progressives that oppose this presidents look bad. There is possibly no other explanation. Calling you an idiot would be an insult to other idiots.

Robert
Robert

My kids have already told us: they never want to enter the Hall of Presidents again if trump is in it.

Progressive Music Lover
Progressive Music Lover
Reply to  Robert

No one cares about the buffoons you call offspring think.

JJ
JJ
Reply to  Robert

Ok. Bye
Your just like Rosie Odonell, you say but you won’t live it.

BM
BM
Reply to  Robert

That’s your parenting error then. Raising kids to not be respectful is all on you and where it all begins.