Walt Disney World Shares Official Rules & Policies for Dogs Staying at Resort Hotels

As we told you earlier this week, starting today, guests may stay with their dogs at select Walt Disney World Resort Hotels. If they choose to, they will have to adhere to the following guest policies regarding their pets:

SaveSave

Ursula
Ursula

This makes the whole dog situation seem like it would be well controlled!!

Larry
Reply to  Ursula

Dogs are animals. They have their own hotel, they are called kennels.

M Wilkerson
M Wilkerson
Reply to  Larry

So are people, animals that is. I’ve met dogs that are better than many people. Get over it. It’s not the dogs that are the issue, it’s the owners. We are taking our little Beagle on property soon and we will NOT leave any messes for anyone, including cast members to clean up after.

ProgressiveMusicLoversDirtySecret
ProgressiveMusicLoversDirtySecret

Welcome to the wave of hundreds of fake ‘service dogs’ in the parks. Wonderful. Mind the dog crap.

KathieS
KathieS

Exactly! I work in a hospital and was standing in a patient care hallway when some woman’s dog rammed me in the behind with it’s nose! The dog’s owner said, “sorry. This is my service dog.” I just Said really? As far as I know, service dogs don’t ram people in the butt. Some of these fake service dogs will be ruining some vacations by biting people.

Progressive Dog Lover
Progressive Dog Lover
Reply to  KathieS

If I was that woman, I would’ve made sure you were promptly fired for questioning her disability.

Fed up
Fed up

You know nothing. You are allowed to asked what service the dog is trained it. Butt sniffing? It’s folks like you that are ruining it for those that really have a service dog

Disney Pete
Disney Pete

Gotta find more ways to get in the cash.

Disney Pete
Disney Pete
Reply to  Disney Pete

Is not wonder that you have taken such “love” towards animals little J. You’re mommy doesn’t love you, no woman loves you… the only thing you can get close to is a dog, little J

Frank
Frank
Reply to  Disney Pete

You do realize he’s quite successful at getting you mad and making you look more like a fool than you already did yourself, right?

TypicalWDWNTCommenter
TypicalWDWNTCommenter
Reply to  Disney Pete

Shameless money grab…Walt’s dog rollin’ in his grave…corporate greed…etc. etc.

Disney Pete
Disney Pete

Good to see you get it

Ray
Ray

This is gonna be bad. 98* and humid with the smell of poop in the air. Pets deficating in the rooms, shedding, chewing furniture. What about people with allergies? And I totally trust people will clean up after their dogs. ????

Esther
Esther
Reply to  Ray

Agree totally

cinderellafan
cinderellafan
Reply to  Ray

Could not of said it better myself!!!!

Andrew Hunt
Andrew Hunt

I have made a booking to stay at AOA, I am not impressed that the policy has just been changed, disney not messaging guest directly to inform or address any concerns that a future guest might have, maybe Disney should offer guests that have allergies or fear of dogs an alternative accommodation within the Disney resort that does not allow dogs.

Bev
Bev
Reply to  Andrew Hunt

Absolutely Agree!! But seemed quite unhelpful when I phoned withmy concerns

Pussy Galore
Pussy Galore

Catch 22 at work here. No responsible dog owner is going to bring their dog to stay in a Disney resort.

Disney Pete
Disney Pete

A dog all alone in a strange room. What could go wrong!

Esther
Esther

Bad move WDW! I do not want to sleep in a room that previously had a dog in it sleeping in the bed with flees and possibly bringing in ticks that may be hidden in a rug or in a mattress or couch or chair. and then infect me or my family. When pets are left alone in a strange place all day they will bark, cry, chew furniture or carpet. Urinate, vomit etc. I am a dog lover and always had an issue finding and paying a sitter when I visited WDW but I did and so should everyone… Read more »

Walt Disney World Housekeeping
Walt Disney World Housekeeping
Reply to  Esther

Cool story bro.

Edge
Edge

This is goin to be on the Mount Rushmore of crappy executive decisions, similar to the new recipe for coke a cola yrs ago. I hope the Einstein that made the call is lookin for a job.

Tara Sweeney
Tara Sweeney

The part about “licensed” service dogs worries me. Disney World can not legally ask a service dog team to procure documentation, as no license, certification, or registration exists EXCEPT for fake licensing and identification anyone with any untrained dog can purchase on the internet. “Licensed” service dogs are not legitimate and this will create a huge problem for real service dog teams who show up without paperwork (trust me, we have none). If cast members start asking for ID because too many people are trying to take their pets into the parks, it could ruin an entire vacation. My dog… Read more »

DJ
DJ
Reply to  Tara Sweeney

When everyone is “special”, no one is.

stevenw
stevenw

The housekeeping staff must be thrilled.

Jen Von Dutch
Jen Von Dutch

You state that only licensed service animals are allowed in certain areas. There is no official licensing, certification or registry for service animals as stated by the Americans with Disabilities Act. (www.ada.gov). Please research these things before contributing to further spread of misinformation.

Larry
Reply to  Jen Von Dutch

You can get your “service dog license” at your local pet store hanging on a rack in aisle 6. They have all colors and sizes. Fake

Mike H
Mike H

Wow! Shocked (but not really) at the amount of whining going on here after this announcement. Do I think it’s a good idea? No, I don’t know. However, right now, it’s only 3 resort hotels and Fort Wilderness… If you don’t like it, go and stay somewhere else! There are more than 25 resort locations to pick from.

Melissa Brown
Melissa Brown
Reply to  Mike H

What of those of us who have made reservations already and can’t just stay somewhere else? I would gladly change my reservation for Christmas to not stay in a nasty dog room at AOA, but I can’t. It’s completely booked.

Chris
Chris
Reply to  Mike H

Not if you are only 3 weeks away from arriving and your grand daughter has her heart set on the Cars suite. People seem to forget that this place is for children.

J
J
Reply to  Chris

And special snowflakes like me

Mike H
Mike H
Reply to  Mike H

Boo hoo! Request a room that isn’t allowed to have animals in it then. “Problem” solved. I’m sure you’re granddaughters are going to have an absolutely horrible time in all of Walt Disney World now that a room MIGHT have had a dog in it once before you got there.

Talia Masri
Talia Masri

I love dogs, all animals actually. But I do not like this new policy. I don’t want to stay in a room that was previously occupied by dogs. I don’t want to be the one calling guest services because the room next to me has a barking fog. For 30 minutes. Bad move Disney. Bad move.

Tim
Tim

I’m not happy with this new dog policy my wife and myself travel to disney 3 to 4 times a year . We will now have to cross off the yacht club off our list of resorts to stay at . I’m allergic to dogs and I don’t want to stay in a room that has dog smell. Disney has a kennel let them stay there . Bad decision Disney

Val
Val

Those complaining about dogs in hotels obviously don’t travel as a lot of chains now allow them. What isn’t mentioned is the $50 per night fee. Also there is no license for service dogs so that’s going to be fu. And illegal to enforce.

Larry

No dogs! People can’t control their kids you think they will do better with a dog or two. Big mistake. Flees, hair, dog stink, shit , pee and don’t forget the occasional dog bites and scratches.

Shirell
Shirell
Reply to  Larry

Summed up very well Larry!

David Quesenberry
David Quesenberry

Bad move Disney.

Satan's Owner
Satan's Owner

This is wonderful news! I am really looking forward to bringing my 115lb Rottweiler, Satan, to EPCOT. I have already created, and printed up, his “licensed service dog credentials”. I have a really lightweight leash for him, and he only breaks out of it on occasion…usually to chase squirrels, or small children…but it is really cute when he does it. Trust me, you are all going to love him. Watching him freak out during Illuminations has long been a dream of mine, but I don’t imagine he will cause any trouble…after all, he is a “licensed service dog”.

Wendy Mealing
Wendy Mealing

I can mark 3 resorts off of my list. With all the fireworks at night and noise from folks coming in at all hours, guaranteed to hear dogs bark all night at those 3!!! Its a shame bc AOA is my fave. Im an animal lover and rights activist and still think this is a horrible idea. I will continue to board mine or hire a sitter as usual.