PHOTOS: Classic House of Magic Facade Returns to Main Street U.S.A. at the Magic Kingdom

In a rather strange turn of events, the facade of the classic House of Magic shop on Main Street U.S.A. has returned.

This classic store opened with the park in 1971 before closing in 1995.

While the facade is back, the inside is still home to a section of the Emporium, but you will find the House of Magic shirt for sale here. The shirt was made to commemorate the return of this iconic building.

The new window display even pays homage to the classic shop.

The new facade is permanent and will remain on Main Street.

SaveSave

Back in the day
Back in the day

I always wanted one of those invisible dog on a leash things…never got one. ????

Awesome Amy
Awesome Amy

I had one when I went on an 8th grade trip and I remember one cast member being so “afraid” of it! He would keep running away and yelling about being chased… it was very cute to my 12 year old self. I have no idea whatever happened ot it, but I remember it was a blue “leash”.

Suzy
Suzy

We were JUST talking about them yesterday! First time I saw one I couldn’t understand what it was and thought the person was a bit demented. Gulp! You could still get one!

jason
jason

lol, so glad you mentioned that. My brother got one, and I think so did everyone else who was there in 1974-75! LOVE the HoM!

Mike H
Mike H

Would they really put up and take down an entire facade just to sell a shirt?

Anonomouse
Anonomouse
Reply to  Mike H

Yes Mike, that’s the ENTIRE reason they changed the facade, for the shirt. I hear they’re also building an entire Star Wars land just so they can sell “My friend/family went to the Galaxy’s Edge and all I got was this lousy t-shirt” shirts.

Anonymous
Anonymous
Reply to  Anonomouse

YES Anonomouse, that’s the entire reason that they are building an entire Star Wars land, for the lousy t-shirt. I also hear that they’re removing an entire centerpiece attraction so they can promote a 5-minute animated series on the Disney Channel.

Anonomouse
Anonomouse
Reply to  Anonymous

Actually no Anonymous, they removed an entire centerpiece attraction because there’s a Polaroid of young Peter Quill watching the new Mickey Mouse Cartoons on the Disney Channel.

Tim
Tim

Now if they would just bring back the penny arcade with all the games and movies!

Mark Bolls
Mark Bolls
Reply to  Tim

^THIS!

Nokturnal
Nokturnal

WHAAATTT??? This is awesome. First the T-shirt and MagicBand, now the old store front fascade? Not sure what’s going on, but the more House of Magic the better. Thumbs up on this type of stuff Disney.

Suzy
Suzy
Reply to  Nokturnal

Will they bring back the old Tobacconist shop? J/K and definitely dating myself here.