PHOTOS: Wonders of Life Pavilion Facade Being Restored at Epcot

While the Wonders of Life pavilion at Epcot closed back in 2007, it has been home to the Festival Center for many an event since then. Sadly, very little work on the facade was done for any of these events, leaving guests to enter under a rather dirty and decimated golden dome. Recently, a restoration process has begun to fix the roof and facade of the building, likely meaning it will remain through the ongoing expansion of Epcot.

It is unclear how extensive the restoration work will be. Some rumors persist that this will no longer be the Festival Center and something new may soon call this pavilion home, but we have not been able to get any real confirmation on this as of yet.

There’s no way to look cool at the top of an Epcot Future World pavilion, but one guy is trying really hard.

We will keep you updated on this project as it develops.

Frank
Frank

Yeah for restoration. It has been looking a bit shabby!!! 8(

Boat ride baby
Boat ride baby

I miss cranium command :-( I don’t understand why they can’t update it and run it!

Mr_Stork
Mr_Stork
Reply to  Boat ride baby

Its the wonders of life that your parents watched “Making of Me” with Martin Short and went on a boat ride after

trackback

[…] WDWNT posted some images of workers at Epcot repairing the facade of the […]

Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

Let me get all I need to get out now. YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Finally WOL gets some much needed attention. I was appalled when I went in December and saw it. It looked in terrible shape. The greatest pavilion ever created for a theme park is back on the rise and it will become triumphant once again!!!!

Bill
Bill
Reply to  Alex Murphy

“The greatest pavilion ever created for a theme park”. I beg to differ.

Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy
Reply to  Bill

I don’t think you know who you’re talking to. The only Wonders of Life fan left in existence. The WOL Superfan. You are correct by a long shot, but I don’t get these moments often. I need to celebrate.

Jose Garcia
Jose Garcia
Reply to  Alex Murphy

You are most definitely not the only WOL superfan in existence. My earliest childhood memories were enjoying this pavilion and they’re still stuck with me 23 years later. Pains me every day that I did not get to go back before it closed, always wishing it would come back to it’s former glory. Keep dreaming of that Wonder Waffle Alex, hopefully we’ll eat it again soon XD.

Frank
Frank
Reply to  Alex Murphy

They need to bring back Pure & Simple.
Loved it.
OK, WHY is there such a lag in typing and printing on this site …perpetually!!!! ?????
Do ALL the ads get in the way… SOoooo annoying.

Brian
Brian

While I’m not going to be OMG this is perfect this is going to be a new ride hub – I know that is not happening. I rather happy at least this place get a little polish to restore it looking nice with the rest of Epcot.

JJ
JJ

I always thought The Odessey would be a better festival center. It’s centrally located with easy access to both World Showcase and Future World and seems underused. Refresh it, modernize it, and make the old Wonders of Life pavilion into a new Future World attraction.

JGO
JGO

I always call it the “Saved By the Bell” Pavilion…