A video from Fresh Baked shows the construction of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge area at Disneyland in California, from before construction began through November 2017.
Fresh Baked sequenced satellite images from Nearmap, a satellite-imaging company, in seven (yeah, seven) different intervals beginning in November 2015 to show the progress over time on the new land.
The 19-minute video shows the following time-lapse views:
- At 1:35, a wide-angle view of most of Disneyland including Galaxy’s Edge.
- At 2:24, a closer look of all of Galaxy’s Edge.
- At 3:09, a look at the Battle Escape attraction.
- At 3:53, a look at the Millennium Falcon attraction.
- At 4:38, the Fantasmic storage area at the end of Rivers of America.
- At 5:21, the village or main shopping area of Galaxy’s Edge.
- Starting at 6:04, the video gives in-depth analysis of how the building’s layout, seen in the satellite images and other videos, hints at the design of the Battle Escape attraction.
- At 12:15, an in-depth look at the Fantasmic storage area.
- At 14:00, a view of the potential expansion area available.
- At 15:17, a wide-angle view of the overall size of Galaxy’s Edge compared to other lands in the park.
You can compare these views to Disney’s model of Galaxy’s Edge unveiled at the D23 Expo.
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!