Welcome to an Outdoor Kitchen review for the 2018 International Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot. This review will focus on The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews outdoor kitchen. The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews is located outside of The American Adventure pavilion.
The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews
- Pulled Pig Slider with Coleslaw $6.75
- Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue and House-made Pickle $7.25
- Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash with White Cheddar Fondue and Pickled Jalapeños $6.50
- Warm Chocolate Cake with Bourbon-Salted Caramel Sauce and Spiced Pecans (V) $4.00
- Zen of Zin Old Vine, California $5.25
- Central 28 Brewing Company Sunshine Greetings Orange Hibiscus Wheat Ale, DeBary, FL $4.25
- 3 Daughters Brewing Phantasmas Spicy Double IPA, St. Petersburg, FL $4.25
- Shipyard Maple Bacon Stout, Clearwater, FL $4.25
- Beer Flight $9.50
- Frozen Lemonade with Firefly Blackberry Moonshine $11.75
- Frozen Lemonade (Non-alcoholic) $3.50
Pulled Pig Slider with Coleslaw – $6.75
You can ask for it without the coleslaw to make this sandwich one of the safest options of the festival for picky eaters. The pork is tender and flavorful.
Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue and House-made Pickle – $7.25
We spoke at length with one of the chefs working The Smokehouse, who enlightened us to the time and love put into creating this year’s new offering. What you get is a petite burger bun with pork belly, beef brisket, and melted cheese in the middle. On top is a pickle chip and sausage, both made (proudly) in-house. The quality really shows here across the entire dish, don’t miss it!
Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash with White Cheddar Fondue and Pickled Jalapeños – $6.50
We didn’t receive as much brisket as we hoped for, but every bite was flavorful and well-rounded with the cheese and peppers making for some spicy bits. Recommended.
Warm Chocolate Cake with Bourbon-Salted Caramel Sauce and Spiced Pecans (V) – $4.00
It’s unbelievably good. Get this cake, split it with your family and friends, or better yet save it for yourself to savor and enjoy. Served hot with a warm caramel glaze to pull the dish through, it’s one of the best desserts the festival has to offer.
Beer Flight – Central 28 Brewing Company Sunshine Greetings Orange Hibiscus Wheat Ale, 3 Daughters Brewing Phantasmas Spicy Double IPA, Shipyard Maple Bacon Stout – $9.50
Three good beers that pair well with the barbecue items. Pick yourself up the flight and enjoy it with the pork belly slider.
Frozen Lemonade with Firefly Blackberry Moonshine – $11.75
Coming in at just under twelve dollars, you get about 10 ounces of frozen lemonade with a healthy portion of blackberry moonshine. It’s a little overpriced for the size, but there’s a great tartness that is very refreshing.
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!