Active Eats, located in the Culinary Corridor behind Club Cool in Future World West, debuted at the 2017 Festival and is back for the 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, taking place August 30 – November 12, 2018.
Menu for Active Eats at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions – $5.00
- 🆕 Spice-crusted Verlasso® Salmon with Warm Lentil Power Salad, Crushed Avocado and Sherry Vinegar (GF) *NEW* – $5.75
- 🆕 Active Eats Energy Bar Bites: a mixture of Chocolate, Nuts, Dried Fruit and Dates (V) *NEW* – $3.75
*Price per bottle is an average price of the spirit at your local liquor store.
- M.I.A. Beer Company HRD WTR Pineapple Coconut Hard Sparkling Water, Doral, FL (5% ABV) – $4.25
- L’Ecole No. 41 Chenin Blanc Old Vines, Columbia Valley, WA ($15/bottle) – $6.00
- Evolution by Sokol Blosser Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, OR ($20/bottle) – $5.00
Photos of Menu Items from Active Eats at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions – $5.00
The Loaded Mac and Cheese has been floating around Epcot festivals for a few years now. Yes, it’s still a fantastic blend of bacon, peppers, green onion, cheese, and magic. Yes, the portion size can be really small depending on what chefs are working. Yes, we do think it’s worth risking the $5 price tag and potential for a small portion to check out this really spicy blend of comfort food.
*NEW* Spice-crusted Verlasso® Salmon with Warm Lentil Power Salad, Crushed Avocado, and Sherry Vinegar – $5.75
Last year’s version of this dish paired the Roasted Salmon with Quinoa Salad and Arugula Chimichurri. We’re happy that the Epcot festivals are getting away from the quinoa addiction they’ve had the past few years and moving towards more unique pairings. The lentil power salad below the roasted salmon this year paired well with the sherry vinegar on top, making for a few flavorful bites. Much like the scallops at Coastal Eats, Disney does salmon particularly well almost always. This is a must if you’re looking for a seafood dish at the event.
*NEW* Active Eats Energy Bar Bites: a mixture of Chocolate, Nuts, Dried Fruit, and Dates – $3.75
We were sorely disappointed that this energy bar replaced our absolute favorite item from 2017, the Sweet Avocado Crema with Strawberries, Yellow Cake, and Tortilla Streusel. These were a let-down. There’s an underlying consistency issues that’s hard to swallow, literally. That could be the heat acting on the cubes of energy making them unstable to be picked-up, or just a bad recipe. We’re sure some great thought went into making these for the festival but they miss on what makes Food & Wine festival desserts so unique and interesting. That about ends the rant on ‘why did they replace the best dessert?’.
Location of Active Eats Booth
- All of our 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- REVIEW: Active Eats in Future World, Epcot International Food and Wine Festival 2017
- VIDEO: Food & Wine Review, The Price is Right Force Friday Edition and More on WDW News Tonight