PHOTOS: New Hatbox Ghost Halloween Tiki Mug Released at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto

Released today at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, there’s a brand new Halloween tiki mug featuring the Hatbox Ghost from The Haunted Mansion.

The mug, which must be purchased with drink, is $31.95 with tax. Thankfully, the horrible Fog Cutter drink is gone this year, replaced with “Grim Grinning Grog”. The new drink is made with Gosling’s Black Seal Rum, Barbancourt Pancho Rhum, Lime Juice, Blood Orange, Falernum, and Angostura Bitters. You can get a non-alcoholic version but the price will be the same.

The mug is available in limited quantities daily, while supplies last.

0 0 votes
Mike H
Mike H

Obviously this new tiki mug is absolutely badass! However, I still have no understanding as to why WDW tries to make the Hatbox Ghost a thing when it doesn’t even exist in the WDW version of the Haunted Mansion. How about a character unique to WDW?

Robert Colamarino
Robert Colamarino

Great mug, but the limited quantities daily may mean the same setup as the last HM mug. The process for getting one will mean a 2 – 3+ hour wait for a line to open at 4 PM in which you will then receive ticket that will allow you to come back at Trader Sam’s opening to order the mug. When my wife and I stopped by to get one of the ghosts mugs last year, the waiting area for the ticket line to open up was occupied by several people on their laptops managing their auctions. Many of them… Read more »

Matt G
Matt G
Reply to  Tom Corless

People have already started to line up by 9:30

Mel
Mel
Reply to  Tom Corless

Can anyone explain how it works with the outside bar? We were in line today at 2:00, stepped out to make a phone call and spoke to a C.M. who said she had given out all the wrist bands for the day to guests on the out side.

John Distler
John Distler
Reply to  Tom Corless

I would love to head there tomorrow from the coast to try and get one of these. What do you think the best time to arrive would be? Do I need to be there super early, should I try to go during the week instead? As a HM fan I would love to have one of these but I’m not going to pay auction prices

MCK
MCK

For those worried about the wristbands at WDW, yes people have lined up in the morning. No it’s not necessary. There aren’t that many people waiting in line that early. I went on Saturday when it was considerably busier due to tourists AND locals. They started handing wristbands out at 1pm. I walked up at 2:30pm and got one. They were out by 3pm. Just get there when they start handing them out and you should be good. Seems like the majority of people don’t even realize that they’re handing bands out for these. Most of the people I came… Read more »