The Bavaria Holiday Kitchen represents dishes that should warm you from the brisk German winter. Prost! will provide you with a drink to celebrate the season. This holiday kitchen and drinks location, found in the Germany pavilion at World Showcase, is one of the many offerings at this year’s Epcot International Festival of the Holidays – running from Nov. 18th through Dec. 30th.
Bavaria Holiday Kitchen – Menu
- Potato Dumpling with Mushroom Sauce (Kid-Approved)
- Sauerbraten, Red Cabbage and Spätzle
- Cheese Fondue in a Bread Bowl with Fresh Steamed Baby Vegetables and Marble Potatoes featuring Melissa’s Produce (Vegetarian) (Kid-Approved)
- Black Forest Roulade with Cherry Whipped Cream
- Peppermint Sugar Cookie
- Possmann Pure Hard Apple Cider, Frankfurt, Germany
- Possmann Pure Hard Black Currant Apple Cider, Frankfurt, Germany
- Schöfferhofer Pomegranate Hefeweizen, Frankfurt, Germany
- Cider Flight
- Regional Riesling
- Glühwein: House-made Hot Spiced Wine
Potato Dumpling with Mushroom Sauce – $4.50
A disappointing experience, the dumpling was very sponge-like and the mushroom sauce was not overly flavorful.
Sauerbraten – $6.25
This take on a German pot roast is a protein heavy snack (one you may need after a few flights) and, though ours was not super warm when we received it, it was still rather robust with flavor. The red cabbage was especially a highlight.
Cheese Fondue – $8.25
Served in a bread bowl with steamed baby vegetables and marble potatoes, this is the most amount of bread you’re going to get at the Festival and it’s a great dish to share. The cheese was good, but perhaps another half-ladle more would have helped finish off all the bread.
Black Forest Roulade with Cherry Whipped Cream – $4.25
In addition to being a good portion, the yule log’s chocolate and cherry flavors came together very well, while the cherry whip cream was almost too subtle. It was worth the price.
Peppermint Sugar Cookie – $2.00
One of the five cookies on the Holiday Cookie Stroll, this was one of the better tasting, with a strong punch of peppermint on top.
Prost! – Menu
- M.I.A. Beer Company White Christmas IPA, Doral, FL
- Central 28 Beer Company My Favorite Things Brown Ale, DeBary, FL
- Copperpoint Brewing Company Cold Brew Coffee Lager, Boynton Beach, FL
- 3 Daughters Brewing 70 Degree Winter Weizen, St. Petersburg, FL
- Big Storm Brewing Co. Dunder & Blixem Winter Ale, Tampa Bay, FL
- Shipyard Candy Cane Coffee Porter, Clearwater, FL
- Holiday Beer Flight 1 – M.I.A., Central 28, Copperpoint
- Holiday Beer Flight 2 – 3 Daughters, Big Storm, Shipyard
Flight 1 – White Christmas, My Favorite Things, & Cold Brew Coffee Lager
This flight offers a few unique flavors paired along with a rather standard offering. The White Christmas IPA is one that even someone who doesn’t like IPAs could get into with more subdued hops. The My Favorite Things was a rather classic brown ale and, while good, didn’t stand out as special. The Cold Brew Coffee Lager, the favorite of the three, had a bold taste with a strong coffee smell as it reached your lips. So good, it’s worth getting another full glass!