Celebrate a Feliz Navidad this year at the Las Posadas Holiday Kitchen. Featured in Mexico at the World Showcase, this is one of the many offerings at this year’s Epcot International Festival of the Holidays – running from Nov. 18th through Dec. 30th.
- Enchilada de Pollo con Mole: Chipotle Chicken in a Corn Tortilla topped with Mole Negro and garnished with Shredded Oaxaca Cheese and Sesame Seeds
- Tamal de Camarón: Corn Tamal stuffed with Guajillo-marinated Shrimp topped with Mole Rojo and Shredded Cotija Cheese
- Arroz Con Leche: Rice Pudding with Cranberries
- Cerveza Mexicana Artesanal: Allende Mexican Craft Ale served with a Floater of Kahlúa
- Noche Buena Margarita: Libélula Joven Tequila, Cranberry and Lime Juices and Agave Nectar topped with Lime Foam and Sprinkles
- La Posada Margarita: Cazadores Blanco Tequila, Horchata-Cinnamon Liqueur, and Agua de Horchata topped with Cinnamon
Enchilada de Pollo con Mole – $6.35
This dish consists of chipotle chicken in a corn tortilla topped with mole negro and garnished with shredded oaxaca cheese and sesame seeds. This dish had some good spice to it and the mole negro stood out, especially when swirled in the chicken.
Tamal de Camarón – $6.65
In this dish, corn tamal is stuffed with guajillo-marinated shrimp topped with mole rojo and shredded cotija cheese. While the exterior was slightly heavy, the shrimp brought a lighter taste to the overall dish, adding some complex flavors.
Arroz Con Leche – $4.25
This rice pudding with cranberries had a great balance between its milky and sweet components. While the flavors were good, the after taste left the mouth a bit dry.
Cerveza Mexicana Artesanal – $5.00
An Allende Mexican craft ale served with a floater of Kahlua liqueur, this drink was complex and dark. This is highly recommended among the beer offerings at the Festival.
Noche Buena Margarita – $12.00
Libélula Joven tequila is mixed with cranberry juice, lime juice and agave nectar and is topped with lime foam and sprinkles. If you like cranberry then this is your drink. Even though it was heavy with fruit flavor, the margarita still wasn’t overly sweet. The peppermint stick and lime foam, however, do tend to get lost in the drink overall.
La Posada Margarita – $11.00
Cazadores Blanco tequila is combined with Horchata-Cinnamon liqueur and Agua de Horchata, then topped with cinnamon. This was very watery and a major disappointment. Though one would hope that you’d taste the horchata and rum, the flavor was next to none and only came out if you were able to sip some cinnamon along with it. This is one to skip.
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!