We’ve just learned that the NBA Experience will tip-off at Disney Springs on August 12th, 2019.
The new experience, which has been under construction for nearly two years, will finally open its doors this summer. As we’ve learned previously, NBA Experience allow guests of all ages the chance to try out the life of an NBA player. Developed in conjunction with Walt Disney Imagineering and in collaboration with the NBA, this one-of-a-kind destination will feature hands-on activities that highlight the action and excitement of professional basketball.
No matter what your experience is with basketball, NBA Experience will be full of thrills and is fully immersive.
According to Disney, you’ll get to:
- Experience one of the biggest milestones for a basketball player at the NBA Draft with a photo moment that re-creates the atmosphere of the draft stage.
- Track and improve their jump shots and passing skills in a replicated NBA Combine challenge, complete with a scouting report that highlights their stats at the end of the session.
- Step onto the court and hear the roar of the crowd as they maneuver through a series of timed shots to aim for a high score.
- Execute the perfect slam dunk just like NBA superstars, captured by cameras surrounding adjustable baskets.
- Test their ball-handling skills with an interactive trainer who will challenge them with a variety of dribbling routines.
- Use an oversized slingshot to launch basketballs at hoops of varying heights, making as many shots as possible before the clock runs out in this thrilling timed challenge.
- Immerse themselves in the rich legacy and history of NBA and WNBA championship-winning teams.
- Access a team locker room that showcases up-to-date statistics and visuals of top NBA and WNBA players.
- Test their knowledge of the NBA and WNBA – past and present – during a trivia game with up to 25 participants competing against one another to be champion.
- Enjoy two 180-degree cinematic presentations that showcase the in-arena experience moments before the start of the game, as well as special stories from the players’ perspectives.
- Take a seat at an interactive multi-screen module to watch replay clips from NBA games, using the tools at their stations to make the right calls.
- Play interactive basketball games, from the fan-favorite Pop-A-Shot to modern video games
Finally, you’ll be able to explore a retail store featuring exclusive NBA-themed merchandise designed by Disney.
With the announcement, Disney Parks gave us an inside look at the NBA Experience, starring Mickey Mouse and Kevin Knox of the New York Knicks:
The NBA Experience was announced back in 2015, and replaces DisneyQuest, which closed its doors on July 3rd, 2017.
Keep reading WDWNT as we learn more about this new attraction coming to Disney Springs!