As part of the upgrades to Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, the floor of the resort lobby is being replaced in six phases through the summer.
Work officially began on April 28th at 11:00 PM, and is expected to continue through Saturday, September 7th, 2019. During this time, guests should be aware of some changes:
- Guests traveling via Disney’s Magical Express to the resort will be welcomed at the bus zone that is currently used for buses to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. (The second bus stop.) The bus stop for Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be temporarily relocated to the empty bus load zone at the end of the walkway.
- Guests departing via Disney’s Magical Express for the airport will continue to board the bus under the Porte Cochere.
- Guests departing for Disney Cruise Line may wait in the area of the Landscape of Flavors food court located immediately to the left upon entering the food court.
- Sketch Artist times will be from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM starting on Monday, April 29, and will be held in the Resort Airline Check-in location (in the back of Animation Hall near the Drop Off Pool Bar).
- Front Office Cast Members will be roaming both outside and inside Animation Hall.
The renovation comes ahead of the opening of Disney Skyliner, which will have a station servicing both Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and nearby Disney’s Pop Century Resort, located on Hourglass Lake.
Keep reading WDWNT for updates on all things going on at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.