Mailed MagicBand Printing Upgrades for Disney World Resort Guests, Annual Passholders Coming Soon

Whether you stick with plain ol’ MagicBands or wait in endless lines for Limited Release MagicBands, there’s no denying how handy they are for any Walt Disney World trip or vacation. Disney has announced that it will be adding even more ways to further customize these beloved wearables:

Soon, Disney Resort hotel guests and new and renewing Annual Passholders will have the option to upgrade, at a discounted price, from a complimentary solid-color MagicBand to one of more than 30 new MagicBand options featuring favorite Disney characters and designs. These new MagicBand options will be available for pre-arrival purchase at a special price of $14.99 off retail cost through the My Disney Experience website.

A colorful selection of complimentary MagicBands is still available for guests who choose not to upgrade to one of the new options, and these new design options can also be shipped to guests’ homes (U.S. addresses only) if ordered 11 or more days ahead of arrival and can be personalized if done so at least 6 or more days ahead of arrival.

The MagicBand, which recently celebrated its fifth anniversary, effortlessly links the Walt Disney World Resort vacation choices and plans guests make in the My Disney Experience app – from entering the parks to redeeming FastPass+ selections, using dining plan credits, linking Disney PhotoPass photos and more.

Simon Ashe
Simon Ashe
1 year ago

I’m assuming those of us outside the US will still be able to do this, and just pick them up at the front desk as usual.?

Daisy
Daisy
1 year ago

Is there a date for when this starts?

Travis W Green
Travis W Green
Reply to  Daisy

Supposed to role out May 15th

Lis
Lis

Any ETA on these?

Randy Wilson
Randy Wilson
1 year ago

Makes sense. There’s a 3rd party site that says magicband overlay stickers for a few bucks. Getting official ones from Disney is just them taking back control on that market.

Travis W Green
Travis W Green
1 year ago

The 15th is the date. However, at this time, only new reservations from that date on will qualify for this upgrade. I expressed my displeasure for any of us who book a year in advance. I was told that if there are enough calls, Disney may have to change the policy and allow those of us who already have chosen our magicbands. You should be able to use this upgrade option until your reservation is 11 days out of your stay. The video and info released is very misleading. I would keep checking the site. I was also told if… Read more »

Matt
Matt
Reply to  Travis W Green

Hi, Jennifer! When it launches, the offer will be available for previously-booked and newly-booked Disney Resort hotel reservations, as long as that reservation is still within the pre-arrival MagicBand selection window and your complimentary MagicBands haven’t already shipped. Hope you and your daughter have an amazing trip!

Avery Maehrer on May 15, 2019 at 1:38 pm

Chad Soileau
Chad Soileau
Reply to  Travis W Green

I just booked last night and still don’t have the option either

Taylor
Taylor
1 year ago

It looks like the pink MagicBand is not going to be an option. Is Disney getting rid of the pink MagicBand?

Alex
Alex
Reply to  Taylor

Try again, it happened to me the other day, then all the colors appeared again.

Travis W Green
Travis W Green
1 year ago

GREAT NEWS! When it launches, the offer will be available for previously-booked and newly-booked Disney Resort hotel reservations, as long as that reservation is still within the pre-arrival MagicBand selection window and your complimentary MagicBands haven’t already shipped.

Cori
Cori
Reply to  Travis W Green

Has the offer already launched? I can’t find where to select the new ones.

Cody Rachael Dilbeck
Cody Rachael Dilbeck
Reply to  Travis W Green

Now I’d only I can pick it out now

Cindy
Cindy
Reply to  Travis W Green

When will it launch? Thank you!

Sarah
Sarah
Reply to  Travis W Green

Booked my trip for mid-October 2019 in the beginning of May (pre-new Magic Band news release), and I just checked, and my options to customize are still just solid colors! Any ideas when this will change?

BJack
BJack
Reply to  Travis W Green

But when is it launching? I thought yesterday was the launch date, but I still don’t see the new option.

nicole
nicole
Reply to  Travis W Green

As of today May 16 I do not have the option to upgrade. Does anyone else? Is it because I booked in advance?

Stephanie
Stephanie
1 year ago

I’m still confused as to where you can upgrade. I’m booked for August. I still only see the solid color options.

Marce
Marce
Reply to  Stephanie

Hi.. when the offer Will be available?

Travis W Green
Travis W Green
1 year ago

It the site is up an running, however, it has been crashing all morning. You will have to keep trying. I believe they are loading content and this is causing issues.

Travis W Green
Travis W Green
1 year ago

The site is going to take some time to be working properly. So many hitting the site at once and they are still working on the backend. I just got off the phone with Disney and they are aware of the crashes and are working to fix the site. I was assured that none of these are going to “sell out” anytime soon (they’re all open editions), so if your Walt Disney World trip is not coming up in the immediate future, you might want to hold off on ordering for a few days.