The opening of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge is almost here at Disneyland Resort, and more news continues to come out. Today, we learned that Oga’s Cantina in Galaxy’s Edge will feature beverages by big-name craft brewers and cider-makers, as well as a small-name Sonoma wineries. They will make the beer, wine and cider that comes to this special eatery. Some of the familiar names include Boston Beer, Sierra Nevada, New Belgium, and Ballast Point.
Thanks to the OC Register, we have all the details of what’s to come, as well as the Star Wars references in the name of the drink:
- Bad Motivator IPA: A India Pale Ale-style of beer made with Galaxy and Comet hops with tropical fruit tones from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. in Chico (6.0% alcohol by volume). A reference to the R5-D4 droid that Uncle Owen almost buys on Tatooine in Episode 4.
- White Wampa Ale: A Hefeweizen-style wheat beer with banana and citrus flavors from Ballast Point Brewing Co. in San Diego (ABV 4.5%). A Wampa is the snow creature that lives on Hoth and almost kills Luke in Episode 5.
- Gold Squadron Lager: A golden lager with lavender and plum flavors from Blue Point Brewing Co. in Patchogue, New York (ABV 5.0%). Gold Squadron is the rebel starfighter squadron from Episode 4.
- Gamorrean Ale: A red ale with roasted caramel and grapefruit flavors from New Belgium Brewing Co. in Fort Collins, Colorado (ABV 5.8%). Gomorreans are the boar looking creatures guarding Jabba the Hutt in his palace in Episode 6.
- Spice Runner: A gluten-free hard apple cider with a dark red color and spices from Angry Orchard Cider Co. in Walden, N.Y. Fans of the film Solo: A Star Wars Story will certainly know of the Spice Mine on the planet Kessel, where Han famously “made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs”.
We previously told you about some of the souvenir mugs, the printed menu, and coasters that you’ll be able to find inside of Oga’s Cantina, and all of the drinks on this menu feature some kind of Star Wars reference.
You’ll even be able to order all four beers in a special Rancor Tooth beer flight board that can be yours for $75.00.
The Orange County Register details out some more information about the breweries and cidermakes with featured beverages at Oga’s Cantina:
Goldschmidt Vineyards will make the Toniray and Imperial Guard wines served in Galaxy’s Edge. The teal-colored Toniray will have citrus and orchard fruit flavors. The Imperial Guard red wine will be a robust Cabernet Sauvignon. According to Star Wars lore, Toniray is a teal-colored bubbly wine served chilled in a slim flute. Toniray was produced on the planet of Alderaan, which was destroyed by the Death Star in the original 1977 film. Clad in red robes and masked helmets, the elite Imperial Guard unit serves as bodyguards to the Galactic Emperor.
Angry Orchard is owned by Boston Beer Company, makers of Samuel Adams Boston Lager. Boston Beer is the second largest craft brewer in the U.S. based on beer sales by volume, according to the Brewers Association.
Sierra Nevada and New Belgium fall right behind Boston Beer among big craft brewers, at numbers 3 and 4 respectively on the Brewers Association list.
San Diego’s Ballast Point just opened a microbrewery and restaurant in Downtown Disney shopping district, cementing the beer-maker’s relationship with Disney.
Blue Point may be less familiar to West Coast beer drinkers. The foul-mouthed New Yorkers (the brewery’s website is littered with profanity) partnered with Anheuser-Busch’s craft brands unit in 2014.
Disney chose brewers with national reach so the Galaxy’s Edge beers could be identical at both in California and Florida.
We’ll be at the opening of Galaxy’s Edge bringing you all the photo reports, video, reviews and tons more to connect you to the parks.
What drink are you looking forward to trying out at Oga’s Cantina? Drop your favorites in the comments and stay updated here on WDWNT, your worldwide leader in Disney Parks news.