PHOTOS: Sleek New Tomorrowland Sign Installed at the Magic Kingdom

There’s a great big beautiful Tomorrowland sign, shining at the entrance to the land! The newly redesigned Tomorrowland marquee has been installed at the Magic Kingdom!

The colorful, iconic sign that welcomed guests since 1994 was removed from the park back in July. Right after the removal of the old sign, we were given an idea of what the new marquee could look like from some updated map images. It seems like they were pretty accurate.

The sleek new Tomorrowland marquee has a very simple design, with bold lettering. Tomorrowland has needed an update for a while, but we’re not sure how we feel about this sign. What do you think of the new Tomorrowland sign?

Kevin Bubnick
Kevin Bubnick
9 months ago

She cute, kinda wish they combined this with the old school planets. It will complement Tron nicely though!!

Timothy J Tobolski
Timothy J Tobolski
9 months ago

It looks . . . incomplete, as if it’s missing a major decorative component. And the all-white “color” isn’t particularly inviting or exciting. I remain nonplussed for the time being.

Jill
Jill
9 months ago

I like the structure of the sign, but they typography misses the mark. It is out of scale for such a massive structure.

Phillip Ratter
Phillip Ratter
9 months ago

Seeing it in place, it feels very TRON. Which is ok, except…. Tomorrowland is more than Tron. I mean, heck, the coaster is not even there yet. Are the updates going to turn all of Tomorrowland into Tronland? If so, it’s an odd choice for such a cult franchise than most people haven’t seen.

Xander Cornelius Moy
Xander Cornelius Moy
9 months ago

Love it! It marks the beginning of the future Tomorrowland! With the new color scheme and Tron coaster I think it fits perfectly! This is modern, sleek and clean.. what most people think of the future! The old sign is what people thought of the future years ago! That’s my opinion but we will always have different ones!

Linda Jordan
Linda Jordan

Somewhat underwhelming

GUY who designed the sign
GUY who designed the sign
Reply to  Linda Jordan

I have to disagree. I find it quite whelming.

Christian
Christian
9 months ago

Bring back the old design. Never change to new design because is not gonna give us a memory.

Monkeypoopants
Monkeypoopants
Reply to  Christian

But my memories! I’ve already become so attached to this sign. My mother died 4 times from cancer this morning and she loved the new sign and wanted me to remember her and the sign and Disney can’t change it! Thanks Obama!

Mrs. Monkeypoopants
Mrs. Monkeypoopants
Reply to  Monkeypoopants

Honey you really need to stop licking the backs of the Pixar Pier stickers, it’s killing all your brain cells. Now come upstairs, I made your favorite little sammiches with the crust cut off.

Anthony
Anthony
9 months ago

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the first in a long series of aesthetic updates in the lead-up to Tron. I think it makes sense to modernize the design a bit in subtle ways, especially with a huge new ride drawing more attention to that section of the park.

Keith
Keith
9 months ago

That’s a sharp looking sign…really does a nice job in establishing the theme of the land in a stylish manner. Well done!

Michele
Michele
9 months ago

Just like everything they have changed recently it’s more boring than what was there before

Joshua Normal
Joshua Normal
9 months ago

Welcome to your shitty minimalist future. Please pick up you 70s distopian jumpsuit on your way in and deposit all individualist items in the incinerator.
Bleh.

Michael Thaddeus Doyle

Boring boring boring. :-(

Anthony
Anthony
9 months ago

I’m curious to see what it looks like at night. I don’t mind the simple and sleek aesthetic and hope that all of Tomorrowland goes that direction.

Anne
Anne
9 months ago

It looks like it’s Not finished yet! Like something amazing & futuristic is going on top yet!

Anne
Anne
9 months ago

It looks unfinished. It’s too plain, not ‘Disney-fied’ enough. It looks like something amazing and futuristic should be put on top yet.

Ariel.A
Ariel.A
9 months ago

I love how the new Marquee Stands out at the Magic kingdom I think it looks really cool! 😀 but I don’t know if some people miss the old Marquee, but the new one definitely looks really nice! 🙂❤️

Carley Salter
Carley Salter
9 months ago

Hmmm….. I don’t care for it. Much too plain and the letters seem small – that seems to be a trend?

April
April
9 months ago

I really hope they aren’t finished with that. It’s boring, uninspiring, and lacks character. I hope they don’t make the whole land as bland as that sign.

Ray Chase
9 months ago

Don’t love it or hate it. It IS cool looking and has a nice retro feel. But I’m not sure if retro is the right way to go with Tomorrowland. Be interesting to see how it looks at night.

JustJessee
JustJessee
9 months ago

I’m personally not a fan of the whole minimalist design fad, so I’m hoping there will be something else to go on the sign. The font is fine, but the sizing seems off? Like the letters are too small for the structure.