New Disney+ Update Adds Resume and Restart Options to Interface After User Feedback

Disney+ launched this week much to the joy of Disney fans nationwide, but not without lots of technical issues and downtime. Thankfully, most of the login kinks have been worked out since Tuesday. However, with more users exploring the Disney+ app’s interface, a myriad of other issues have surfaced, including the lack of having an option to resume a show where you last left off, leaving many users feeling frustrated.

Thankfully, a recent update to the app has resolved that issue, adding “Resume”, “Restart” and “Add to Watchlist” options for users at the landing page for each episode or series. Subscribers accessing the DisneyPlus site have reported not seeing these features added yet, so it’s likely being rolled out over the course of the weekend.

Additional options, such as “Continue Watching” on the home page and the “Autoplay” function, have yet to be enabled for the app, but were reportedly tested during the Netherlands beta launch.

What are other features you’d like to see on the Disney+ app? Are you still experiencing any glitches or errors? Let us know in the comments.

Kirsten
Kirsten
10 months ago

I was on hold for 2.5 hours last night because my account was locked and they couldn’t figure out why. So I had to re sign up with a new email address. They still have a lot to work on to figured out these issues.

Larry Moskwik
Larry Moskwik
10 months ago

I have had no problem with Disney+. It works great and I thoroughly enjoy it.

John Moylan
John Moylan
10 months ago

I keep having to restart because the sound and picture are not synced

Uri
Uri
Reply to  John Moylan

I had to do that and pause it but not great solutions.
What helps me is advancing it just a few seconds and it corrects itself. while they permanently fix it, it’s a temporary way to sync it

Wendy Gerdes
Wendy Gerdes
10 months ago

Still having issues watching and no sound

Uri
Uri
Reply to  Wendy Gerdes

What helps me is advancing it just a few seconds and it corrects itself. I know we shouldn’t have to do it but while they permanently fix it, it’s a temporary fix

John Brand
John Brand
10 months ago

there is no option for this this is such a lie I just keep getting what I watched restarted from the beginning

Benny
Benny
Reply to  John Brand

These “new features” are not showing up for me either on an Xbox One.

Joe
Joe
Reply to  John Brand

No resume watching option yet. Also it would be nice to see an indicator of already watched. Specially helpful when watching a series.

Brittany
Brittany
Reply to  John Brand

I don’t have those resume and such options either!!

Rachel Paige
Rachel Paige
Reply to  John Brand

i don’t see the “resume“ option either. thankfully i remembered which Hannah Montana episode i was on. i clicked it & it resumed from where i left off. but I’m a little frustrated as to why the option isn’t there & there’s also no “continue watching” section. when i click on the app in the app tab of my fire stick, it said that it was last updated November 16th, but nothing has changed.

Disney sucks
Disney sucks
9 months ago
Reply to  Rachel Paige

Yeah these people who saying it there are lying one guy even thinks you have to uninstall the app to make it show when updates do not work like that

Diana N LaBoy
Diana N LaBoy
Reply to  John Brand

Did you really even read the whole article. It did say that it’s an option for some, not all right now and that an update is being ROLLED OUT

Melli
Melli
10 months ago

Having issues with therr not being recently watched list on home screen so if you were watching something you have to go back and hunt for it. Also no way to turn off autoplay for next episode.

Colleen McCormick
Colleen McCormick
10 months ago

This app is horrible. It continues to reopen on my smart tv while I’m trying to use other apps (YouTube TV, for one). Seems like Disney is trying to prevent the use of apps they don’t own?
The movie my son was watching also continues to restart from the beginning. Absolutely terrible, frustrating and disappointing. I expected flawless quality from Disney.

Josh
Josh
10 months ago

Although I like the service I find myself frustrated that Disney+ appears to have less content than advertised and it would have been cool to have had a few new shows available to binge watch at launch instead of having to wait for new episodes. The main issue I have had is the inability to pause or stop a show or movie and resume later. The fast forward feature is lame and slow. Where is the continue watching list or maybe a favorite list? Disney should not have launched the service before these basic features were added and the bugs… Read more »

Michelle Avants
Michelle Avants
10 months ago

Yes I still can’t resume where I left off of shows

John
John
10 months ago

It doesn’t keep track of what you’ve added to your list when you are browsing shows. You can add something to your list, then if you go back into it it doesn’t show as added meaning you could add items repeatedly unless you remember adding it specifically.

Kimberly Balmediano
Kimberly Balmediano
10 months ago

Add when watching a movie , what quality it is streaming in such as 4K hdr10 and which sound format such as atmos or Dolby 5.1 on the screen where the pause and rewind options are.

Allow to rate movie when finished. 4/5 stars etc .

Allow to see which actors are on the screen at the time when hitting up button on remote .

Allow to see new releases or coming out date list somewhere on the menu.

John Ramsey
John Ramsey
10 months ago

LG tv still won’t push Atmos through the built in app.

John Ramsey
John Ramsey
10 months ago

I can’t push Atmos audio through my sound system from my LG TV.

Matthew
Matthew
10 months ago

Seems like a bunch of people didn’t really read what was said here. 1. They want to know if there is anything (features) you wanted to add to the service 2. Its not lies, the new features are there, delete the app and reinstall on your device or tv, depending on your service it rolled out gradually over the weekend And even through today. 3. Its a new service and already better than most as far as content IMO. 4. It will only get better 5. Call times I’m sure are ridiculous considering they signed up 10 million subs in… Read more »

Matthew
Matthew
Reply to  Matthew

To say one more thing.

Dear Disney plus, the new additions to the service are great, but, how about you add a recently watched section for ease of going back to something. Currently you need to scroll all the way down into the main menu to search for what you were watching. If you don’t add it to your watchlist first, its a bit of a headache but seems like it wouldn’t be too difficult of an add on. My watchlist should really just be stuff i want to watch vs stuff I’m in the progress of watching

Paul Guyer
Paul Guyer
10 months ago

What were they thinking when they added the automatic break-in at the end credits? This is not only disrespectful but ruins the ending of some movies. I already cancelled Netflix because of that- I prayed Disney would have enough sense not to do this but apparently not. Won’t be continuing after my trial ends tonight.

Cesar Cristobal
Cesar Cristobal
10 months ago

First day my sony tv got dolby vision with the update i cant see hdr anymore

Martin
Martin
9 months ago

Wish Disney+ worked on older Samsung TV’s. My two five year old tv’s does not work with Disney+. Have unsuccessfully waited multiple times for over 2 hours online for tech support and have not received any reply to multiple emails. Wish I new if this will be address or if I am out of luck. The same people are on the tech support that are in charge of keeping the Disney skyliner working….

Jason Diffendal
Admin
9 months ago
Reply to  Martin

Just buy a $19 roku, that’s the easiest way.

Steve
Steve
9 months ago

My biggest frustration at this point is with trying to figure out where I left off in series which have multiple seasons. Most other streaming services make it very easy to go back to the episode where you left off when you access the series. There is nothing in the app to do this today. The “resume” function might help on specific movies but hopefully it will also help on series with multiple episodes.

Natasha
Natasha
9 months ago

My app won’t even start up now. I get error 1017 failure to launch or start up error. Please exit app. Its annoying!

Person
Person
9 months ago

Every time I leave a movie and come back it restarts even if it’s in my continue watching and it keeps forcing me to leave without me doing anything