All aboard! D23 has revealed the “Year of the Mouse” limited edition plush for March, and it’s Mickey Mouse as a train conductor!
Commemorate the Year of the Mouse with this Limited-Edition Train Conductor Disney Mickey Mouse Plush. The third of 12 collectible large plush in the series, this exclusive Mickey Mouse celebrates the month of March. Mickey Mouse stands 16 inches tall and is made of a soft denim fabric featuring his engineer’s outfit with gold embroidered buttons and embroidered eyes. Mickey Mouse features a commemorative gold and satin foot patch and includes a Certificate of Authenticity. He even comes in a window box featuring special Year of the Mouse packaging—ideal for collectors. The Year of the Mouse Train Conductor Disney Mickey Mouse plush makes the perfect gift for Disney fans of all ages.
Mickey Mouse and trains have a long history, from shorts like Mickey’s Choo Choo (1929) and Mr. Mouse Takes a Trip (1940) to Mickey joining Walt Disney aboard the Disneyland® Railroad at the dedication of Disneyland Park on July 17, 1955. According to Disney lore, the idea for Mickey Mouse was born on a train as Walt Disney traveled from New York to Los Angeles.
But before your train leaves the station, D23 did also announce some changes to the member purchase process:
Due to the strong response to these incredible plush, D23 and Amazon are making the following adjustments to the on-sale announcement for the upcoming months.
- D23 Members will continue to be among the first to be notified about each month’s theme and have an opportunity to order the month’s design.
- Each month D23 will provide Members with advance notice of the date the plush will be available for purchase on Amazon.com.
- On Monday, March 9 at 9 a.m. PST, visit this page on D23.com for the link to purchase the Train Conductor Disney Mickey Mouse plush.
- Please Note: You must be signed in as a D23 Member to access the link to purchase. Click “Sign In” at the top of the page.
- Please note extremely limited quantities of the plush will be available on Amazon.com.
This is a change from the “first Thursday of every month” release date that was announced back in January.
Will you be chugging to D23.com to get this plush, or would you rather get something from a Runaway Railway? Let us know in the comments below!