Walt Disney World Releases Official Statement on Theme Park Reservation System Glitches

After a slow and frustrating launch for many guests on Monday, the Disney Park Pass system is now live for Disney Resort Guests to make theme park reservations ahead of the reopening. Guests trying to access the system were faced with unresponsive hold pages, countdowns that loaded to blank pages, and errors once they finally managed to get through to the Disney Park Pass system.

In a statement to CBS News, Disney stated that the theme park reservation had no such glitching errors, stating that guests were simply trying to “book before it was their turn”:

Mid-morning on the launch of the Disney Park Pass system, Disney updated their main Cinderella Castle hold page with a note on booking dates:

Many would argue that high levels of “user error” are typically a product of poor software design as opposed to consumer ignorance. Without the dates outlined on the holding page for hours after the launch of the Disney Park Pass system, guests who were not otherwise informed simply went through the holding process blind. In fact, multiple facets of the Walt Disney World website led to a holding page, so even guests who were just casually checking on their My Disney Experience account were made to wait.

If you’re looking to make reservations, you can check out our step-by-step guide here. Do note that reservations are only currently open for Disney Resort Guests with valid admission. On June 26, reservations will open for Annual Passholders, and on June 28, all other existing ticket holders can start booking reservations.

What has your experience with the Disney Park Pass system been like? Sound off in the comments below.

3 2 votes
Jon
Jon
3 months ago

It was my time to reserve. I had a resort stay and theme park tickets. I waited at the countdown page multiple time, I lost count. The time stated at the beginning of the countdown was never accurate it was at least doubled and once the countdown ended it brought me to a white screen every time. I was signed in to my Disney experience and it happened every time until I finally was able to make a reservation after 3 hours Of trying.

Barbara
Barbara
3 months ago

Am sorry but Disneys answer is BS 100 times over.

Jodi
Jodi
3 months ago

That’s a lie I was eligible and had all the glitches listed above happen to me.

Louise
Louise
3 months ago

I spoke with Disney as I had 2 resort reservations with linked tickets, and an email to say that I was eligible to book 22nd. I booked for the guests I was travelling with yet I couldn’t do mine. Spoke with IT helpline yday who said there was a glitch with the system that wasn’t picking up people with multiple linked tickets etc so they were manually booking them in the backend and it was being worked on.

Last edited 3 months ago by Louise
Christopher Tracy
Christopher Tracy
3 months ago

It took me 2+ hours and we have hotel reservations and an annual pass. I am not sure which system they were talking about with no glitches. I went from screen to screen waiting. It started with the castle, then a spaceship with a count down that reset every 30 sec., then it just stopped counting and another spaceship. Then finally – 2 + hours later and i didn’t even know where to go. Thank to WDW (you) I figured it out.

Steph
Steph
3 months ago

That’s all? You’re lucky! I tried off and on at work (after setting my alarm extra early) for almost 12 hours before I finally got anything. Now it only lets me do 4 of 8 days.

ScottD
ScottD
3 months ago

It took nearly on hour, between the Pink Castle page and the countdown page to even be asked for my log in…so how would the system even know if I was eligible or not. After constant restarts to the countdown (the initial 4:30 countdown took over 20 minutes), the page loaded to a blank screen that never changed. So, admit it or not, it was glitched.

BTW, I am AP with DVC reservations for the requested dates.

Last edited 3 months ago by ScottD
Marcia
Marcia
3 months ago

I had a resort reservation and still had problems. It took all day Monday to finally get everything reserved as it was capping me at 7 park days when my reservation was for more than that. Very frustrating to say the least especially to call and be on hold for over an hour just for the person on the phone to tell me they couldn’t help me. Finally got all reservation days by the end of the evening.

Vernon Davis
Vernon Davis
3 months ago

I am a DVC member with a resort reservation and annual pass. I cannot get park reservations because the expiration date of my annual passes has not been correctly reset by WDW. I have spent hours on the phone just to have calls dropped once I was in the queue. I spoke with two cast members on Tuesday neither could resolve the issue. One actually suggested I purchase new passes at a cost of over $1200.00 so I would have a revised renewal date. I other words, I should pay WDW twice. I have spent 4 1/2 hours trying to… Read more »

D. Johnson
D. Johnson
Reply to  Vernon Davis

I have that exact same problem.

Sam
Sam
3 months ago

“book before it was their turn”

2 linked DVC stays this calendar year, active AP. Both stays making use of the same AP. Apparently is was before my turn on 1 of the 2 stays on Monday but it was ok on Tuesday.

No other park tickets, so no MNSSHP issue.

So, whatever Disney. Your IT is horrible (from someone who develops for a living)

Natasha
Natasha
3 months ago

Umm no.. ? Sorry Disney but this was definitely abd for the most part your IT department that screwed up! I knew my reservation dates and still cane upon many error message pages such as glitch “eating my page” and error messages and a Freud’s our calendar! Not user ignorance! Nice way to pawn off your software issues onto your guests! Really?

Kirsten
Kirsten
3 months ago

Uh, no, Disney. The system was terrible and filled with glitches. Please don’t blame your loyal customers for this mistake!

Michelle
Michelle
3 months ago

Not true. We had valid Disney hotel reservations and theme park tickets all linked to our my Disney experience and could not get in for 1.5 hours.

Michael Dunigan
Michael Dunigan
3 months ago

Total BS. 6 day parkhoppers… reservation for Xmas week. The process was NOT smooth and I encountered errors along the way.

Michelle Eason-Delhougne
Michelle Eason-Delhougne
3 months ago

I tried at 1201 on Jun 22 (I have existing resorts reservations and tickets) I waited on the castle page for 45 min before it opened to my disney experience. I was unable to make reservations. I tried again at 7 am on Jun 22 and waited on the castle page for 92 min before I got to move on. Next was a space mountain page with a 10 min countdown that took 34 min to get to the park pass reservation. I got my park pass reservations made. There was no published start time….just a date. That wasted my… Read more »

Lindsay Geiser
Lindsay Geiser
3 months ago

Not good! A glitch prevented me from reservations for all 6 days of my tickets. Spent hours on the phone trying to get through to technical support.

CodeSpyder
3 months ago

That’s BS. I had a valid resort reservation, linked up and annual passports and I was limited to 3 park passes until the issue was fixed.

Julie
Julie
Reply to  CodeSpyder

CodeSpyder…I had the exact same issue. 9 days booked at Saratoga Springs with up to date Annual Passes. Could only make 3. Finally got to talk to someone (after trying all day!) at 11:10 pm. She said many people were having same problem and tech was aware. Finally next morning got in to get other 6 days. So sad that Disney cones put blaming user error. No fairy dust or magic anywhere!

Julie
Julie
Reply to  CodeSpyder

Should have said ” So sad that Disney comes out blaming user error'”

Kearston
Kearston
3 months ago

I have a Disney resort stay and received an email stating that I would be able to get into the system on Monday. I too received the glitch, I’m far from stupid & the statements made on behalf of Disney are ridiculous. This is my very first time visiting and probably will be my last. Just admit there was an issue not call the guest dumb.

Maria Grifgin
Maria Grifgin
3 months ago

I don’t usually comment, but that is a blatant lie. I have a resort reservation and park hopper tickets and could not get into my Disney Experience when it was first opened to make park reservations. When I was just trying to log in I got the Cinderella castle indicating I had to wait, and wait and wait. I tried again later in the day. The Castle then had the message indicating who could start reserving. After at least a dozen attempts of logging in only to have the screen stay on the log in screen I got in to… Read more »

charles adams
charles adams
3 months ago

I experienced all those issues and it was my time to book. Took 3 hours and 45 minutes. The system was glitchy and then some but it finally worked.

Jessica
Jessica
3 months ago

I love Disney and personally I’m still going to Disney this year but the fact that they say there is no glitch is not true at all. I am someone who works in tech, and the way that the system was working, was that there was a glitch in that anybody who had a canceled not so scary Halloween party ticket, had found problems in Booking because the system kept trying to book with that as a one-day park ticket. once I deleted the park pass reservation on the day of the canceled party, and booked all the other days,… Read more »