Walt Disney World Updates Official Face Mask Policy to Reflect That Guests Must Remain Stationary While Eating or Drinking with Masks Off

Last updated:

This morning we reported that guests were being asked to stop and remain stationary, standing off to the side, while consuming drinks and snacks while in the Walt Disney World theme parks.

Now, an official policy has been added to the Walt Disney World “Know Before You Go” Face Covering policy webpage.

Image Credit: Disney

In the updated policy, it reads “You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you should be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing.”

What do you think about this new policy regarding face masks? As a reminder, there are multiple “relaxation stations” located in each Walt Disney World theme park, where guests may remove their face covering and have a socially-distanced sit-down.

Brian
Brian
9 months ago

This was expected, I’m surprised it didn’t happen earlier. People will always find a way to get around the rules.

Angie
Angie
9 months ago

This is ridiculous! A gross violation of human rights right here! There IS such a thing as freedom of movement.

Wawa1207
Wawa1207
9 months ago

I think it’s a fair policy. I absolutely don’t think anyone should be walking around the park freely if not properly masked.

Vanessa
Vanessa
9 months ago

I think it is a great addition. People wandering around with a drink should not be allowed to not wear a mask, especially in line for attractions. If you want to take it off, find a place to stop. Want to keep moving? Keep your mask on. Very simple. I was there last week. It wasn’t that challenging and I have a breathing disorder. I didn’t remove mine during pouring rain. It is not as big a deal as people want to make it.

Paul Alter
Paul Alter
9 months ago

Considering how many people I’ve seen in this and other Disney blogs boast about how they’d get around the mask requirement by simply carrying a drink container all day with their mask pulled down, I think Disney is on the right track.

Lynda
Lynda
9 months ago

Yesterday, I read an article about COVID. It stated that more cases of children under the age of one are testing as positive. Since it has been recommended that anyone under 2 not have to wear a mask, will this change the face mask rules?