Walt Disney World Park Guests Now Being Asked to Not Walk with Masks Off While Eating or Drinking

Looking to enjoy a Dole Whip while strolling through Adventureland? Or snack on a Mickey ice cream bar while walking to your favorite attraction? Well, you may need to start including a break in your park routine if you planned on enjoying those drinks or snacks while on the go.

According to multiple reporters that we’ve had around the Walt Disney World theme parks today, guests are now being asked to stop and remain stationary, standing off to the side, while consuming drinks and snacks. While moving throughout the park, masks must remain on.

We took a moment to stop and ask a Cast Member at EPCOT about the new rule, we were informed: “guests are now being asked to find a safe spot six feet from other guests before removing their masks to eat and drink.”

Do keep in mind that face masks are strictly enforced and guests not wearing the required face mask will be asked to either put one on or leave. If you find yourself needing to take a break from the mask, remember there are “relaxation stations” in every Walt Disney World theme park. Once inside these stations, guests may remove their face covering and have a socially-distanced sit-down.

Of course, follow along with us at WDWNT as we continue to cover the phased reopenings of the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks.

3.9 7 votes
Notify of
guest

Kathleen
Kathleen
16 days ago

I don’t hate that idea totally. On my bus ride to MK this morning, a woman had her mask off the entire time because she had a drink in her hand. She never drank from it. She just talked the entire time. 🤦‍♀️

Kayla Mackes
Kayla Mackes
16 days ago

How strictly are they enforcing masks with 2 year olds that take them off frequently?

RebeccaMcK
RebeccaMcK
16 days ago

Are they letting people have a snack or drink in the relaxation zones if it looks like something that can be finished within ten minutes? I’d imagine a full meal could not be taken to that area.

Doug
Doug
16 days ago

That COVID-19 virus never takes a break.

Susannejozefiak
16 days ago

I do think it funny bc people are not going to listen they walk around with a drink in there hand or ice cream they are not going to leave there mask on. I really don’t understand why they opened the parks it totally crazy people pay the same amount of money that did before all this and now half the stuff is closed and you have to walk around with mask on in 90+ weather.

Natasha
Natasha
16 days ago

It’s a shame WDW has fallen Prey to the very disturbing and inaccurate agenda of this sniffles-19 over inflated numbers and fear mongering. They have hardly anyone in the parks and no one is getting near you so why tell people they can’t even sip water walking through the park in hot and very humid weather! I will never return until this ridiculous nonsense is over and done with. I hope they’re happy with losing so much money. They’ve completely destroyed the magic! They will never see another penny if my money until they come to their senses and stop… Read more »

Josh
Josh
16 days ago

That’s legit false. Here now and eating and drinking without a mask. Report truth or just throw in the towel.

Tom Corless
Admin
3 days ago
Reply to  Josh

This didn’t age well lol

Zachary Tredway
Zachary Tredway
16 days ago

Ha! False. I was there today. Walked around for 20 minutes with a starbucks in my hand without ONE comment. In fact, one CM even joked…”this guy knows what he’s doin’!”

Tom Corless
Admin
3 days ago

I like when I don’t get to approving these for a few days and then it’s confirmed by Disney and signage changed to match it.

Roy J Allen
Roy J Allen
16 days ago

We were at AK today and did not find this to be true at all. I even made a comment that ‘people act like if you buy a bottle of water you can just walk around without a mask on’. I think this SHOULD be an enforced rule IF masks are considered to be essential for everyone’s safety.

LARRY HIRSCH
LARRY HIRSCH

I think it makes sense

Corvald
Corvald
16 days ago

I’m actually surprised they didn’t outright just have designated eating areas.
For whatever reason, this put me down a train of thought: I bet a camelback backpack would be real nice for a theme park in the current situation. You could just feed the rubber hose under the mask. Keep hydrated. Not being able to keep drinking liquid constantly while in Florida just sounds like a nightmare to me.

Jen
Jen
16 days ago

How does this work with food and wine at Epcot? Every time you buy from a kiosk the expectation is to IMMEDIATELY eat it? Not every kiosk (from my memory at last years Food and Wine) had accessible seating areas to enjoy food.

Caterina Crupi
Caterina Crupi
15 days ago

Wow, it sounds like a GONG SHOW. There is no way I would spend money to adhere to those restrictions. It doesn’t sound the like fun at all. I went in Feb 2020 and I can not imagine going with a mask on…I feel they should have remained closed especially since the State of Florida has such a high COVID case rate.

Last edited 15 days ago by Caterina Crupi
Sam DAVIS
Sam DAVIS
15 days ago

Yay about time

Robert
Robert
15 days ago

We need to find a safe spot 6 feet away from someone to eat or drink? Seriously? We’re in a THEME PARK. Even with reservations only, it’d still be crowded. What, is everyone just supposed to stop moving and wait for someone to finish eating so that they can stay 6 feet away? What’s next, only one person can use the bathroom before it shuts down for the day?

Thomas
Thomas
15 days ago

This is always been the case from DAY ONE of cast member previews.

Tom Corless
Admin
3 days ago
Reply to  Thomas

It wasn’t.

Mick E. Maus
Mick E. Maus
15 days ago

Sounds like loads of fun… 🤦 Are people actually paying full price for this ‘experience’

Jerry
Jerry
15 days ago

Funny stuff. A result of folks walking around with a near empty cup mask off claiming their drinking

People are always looking for the loophole

Mike
Mike
15 days ago

People trying to get around the rule of wearing a mask by drinking water or eating a snack is why this happened. Too many people trying to find a way around the rules. Don’t worry the park will be closed again soon.

Unhappy worker

Mark
Mark
15 days ago

I’ve been going to Disney World since I was a kid, but with the draconian mask requirement, I will never go again, even if the mask requirement is ever lifted.