rock-n-roller-coaster-starring-aerosmith-line-9-7-20-3-8648709

Disney’s Hollywood Studios Guest Attacked by Members of Maskless Family

Not only is it the most sought-after park reservation, Disney’s Hollywood Studios appears to be a hotbed for maskless activity, as yet another recent incident has been reported at the park.

rock 'n' roller coaster line leading to tower of terror
Lines for the popular Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster at Disney’s Hollywood Studios often extend onto the stretch of Sunset Boulevard. The nearest restrooms are located by the grey rock work to the right, a popular spot for taking shelter during the regular storms.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, an elderly man was attacked at the park by members of a large, mostly maskless family after getting into an argument with them over their faulty use of face masks.

The family was attempting to take shelter by the restrooms near Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, per the Orange County Sheriff’s Office report. One man punched the senior in the head before a woman from the family joined in. The elderly guest eventually fell on the ground due to the attack. While he was not seriously injured, the family left the park before the sheriff’s office could arrest anyone.

The incident took place on September 17, just two days after the infamous “Remember Hopper?” incident where a man tried to incite a rebellion against face masks by misquoting lines from the Disney Pixar film “A Bug’s Life”. Other face mask-related incidents and arrests have taken place at EPCOT, where a man hit a security guard in the head and threatened to kill him after he was repeatedly reminded to follow the new face mask rules.

Currently, face masks are required at all Walt Disney World theme parks and resorts (including Disney Springs) and must remain on at all times, unless socially distanced for eating and drinking.

Source: Orlando Sentinel

2.9 16 votes
Ben
Ben

Maskless Hillbillies forever

Karen Porter
Karen Porter
1 year ago

People seriously need to chill… There’s no need for all of this idiotic violence. I’m a firm believer that the company can set its own rules, and if you don’t like those rules, or in the case of masks, you can’t wear one due to health issues, then you just don’t go. On the other hand, the guest shouldn’t have been trying to enforce those rules. They should’ve grabbed a cast member to handle it. I’m glad no one was seriously hurt, and I hope they’re able to figure out who the family was and at least fine them or… Read more »

Last edited 1 year ago by Karen Porter
Reply to  Karen Porter

Cast members target girls and women because they feel they can handle them..I literally did not see a cm say a word to a male!!

Anonymous
Anonymous
Reply to  Karen Porter

When they stand right up your behind with no mask on in a line, a cm is not always around. Violence is never acceptable or a “however” circumstance.

Zaundra
Zaundra
1 year ago

WDW is private property. I don’t like mask or agree with them either or like masks natzis, I do follow the rules of a company policy. If you don’t want to wear a mask then don’t go. That simple.

Ron Patterson
Ron Patterson
1 year ago

Why do I feel this store is squed and there’s more to it, you “story” says they were taking shelter, was it raining, this could account for the mask issue, as if they were soaked it would be hard to breath. And he should of kept his mouth shut im sure he was a duck about it and rude, thus you get popped in the mouth, if they were so un easy about the mask then they should of walked away, talked to a cast member or not go to the park if your that worried. IMA the masks are… Read more »

David Smith
David Smith
Reply to  Ron Patterson

Absolutely Mr. Patterson, you are right. “Popping” an elderly man in the head because he couldn’t keep his “mouth shut” about a family not wearing masks during the worst pandemic in America history (yes, worse than the Spanish Flu) is completely justified. How dare his head get in the way of their fists and their righteous indignation for violating their rights! So what if the elderly like him are particularly susceptible to Covid-19. Who cares? And you are right about masks being dumb and no good. We should all be maskless everywhere, all the time and infect and kill anyone… Read more »

Last edited 1 year ago by David Smith
mario
mario
Reply to  David Smith

geez… exaggerate much? worse than the spanish flu?!! have you even read anything about the Spanish flu? US had 675,000 deaths…. 50 million world wide, so ummm yeah, this Wuhan Flu is worse… yup

Ronald Patterson
Ronald Patterson
Reply to  David Smith

like i said in my comment the story is skewed, we only have 1 partys side, as the other party left, we don’t know how they approached the other person nore do we know what was said,it says elderly, i see no motion on the post of the actual age, 50’s,60’s70’s? If your going to confront someone you have to be prepared for conflict,as everyone is not going to react the same. I would like to know were both parties are from as this could play in to it, at the end like i stated, they should of flagged down… Read more »

Reply to  Ron Patterson

Agree. There are so many inconsistencies with this mask rule!

Anonymous
Anonymous
Reply to  Ron Patterson

You’re still not allowed to take your mask off outside of eating or designated areas. And if they were struggling so hard to breath how did multiple members of the family have it in them to attack the dude?

Melissa Bierdzinski
Melissa Bierdzinski
Reply to  Ron Patterson

I think I just lost brain cells trying to read this. But I’m glad you think and elderly man got the nesting he deserved🙄

Stephanie
Stephanie
1 year ago

The masks rule is truly inconsistent and really ridiculous. I literally saw a guy walking and vaping in Magic Kingdom ,but you can walk and take a sip of water? You can sit maskless at a table with a water bottle in front of you for an hour ,but you can’t take a 30 second pic without one?? I got ask to take my sunglasses off,, pull my mask down, pull it up,, you can’t walk and chew gum??? Make some sense Disney!

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  Stephanie

That’s incorrect, this is not a true depiction of the rules lol

Reply to  Tom Corless

What is incorrect? This has literally been my experience this week!

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  Stephanie Pena

I’ve been here everyday since June 22nd, you’re not painting an accurate depiction.

Reply to  Tom Corless

1. My niece was walking and threw a piece of gum in her mouth while get to Runaway Railway, a cm ran out of seemingly no where and said she couldn’t eat and walk. We were like she put gum in her mouth. She said while you can chew gum ,you had to be stationary. I was like you can’t chew gum and walk? To which her answer was no. In order to ride the ride she had to spit the gum out. #2. At animal kingdom while browsing in a store a manager stopped me to say my mask… Read more »

Tom Corless
Admin
11 months ago
Reply to  Stephanie Pena

These are mostly made-up lol

Ronald Patterson
Ronald Patterson
Reply to  Tom Corless

How do you manage to get in Every day?

Reply to  Tom Corless

The vaping man also got off of PPF walked to Small World and carousel and no one said a word!

David Smith
David Smith
Reply to  Tom Corless

No Tom, it’s definitely not a true depiction of the rules, but it makes he feel better to but Disney down AND voice her anti mask opinions.

Reply to  David Smith

Just read above Davy ^^^

Anonymous
Anonymous
Reply to  Stephanie

Sitting and eating is stationary and isolated, as per the rules. Can’t follow them, don’t come

11 months ago
Reply to  Anonymous

Why in the Hades would I make these up? Or which do you think were made up?? Just because they didn’t happen to you didn’t mean they didn’t happen because all of those most certainly happened to us!

Jaime Johnson
Jaime Johnson
1 year ago

This is so angering to hear!!! I have witnessed first hand guest being rude to cast members which has been very upsetting to see, but now violence towards others, at Disney?! That is ridiculous! I am an anti-masker (yes I know im a selfish deplorable), in my home state I do not go places that require mask (I won’t get on my soapbox) – that being said, I AM a Disney fan & I do understand them having to implement this rule to be open & make some people feel safe, and I do 100% comply with the mask rule… Read more »

Last edited 1 year ago by Jaime Johnson
Reply to  Jaime Johnson

Well said. I, too, am generally anti mask (for reasons I won’t get into) but I do have to respect the private enterprise that requires them – i.e. grocery stores, banks, churches, and yes, even Disney. The difference in the latter is that I can CHOOSE not to go to WDW right now, which I won’t because I don’t agree with masks outside and on vacation where I’m spending thousands of dollars. That is a choice. I don’t have such a choice in daily life. The bottom line is this… Disney is private property and can mandate what they want.… Read more »

Ahnsael
Ahnsael
Reply to  Jaime Johnson

While I disagree with you about masks in general (I won’t get on my soapbox either — it’s okay for reasonable people to disagree without it becoming a fight), thank you for being reasonable about private property and not going if you refuse to abide by the rules the business has in place. As someone who works with the public in a business that requires masks (at the behest of my state’s Governor), you would absolutely be welcome in my workplace with the attitude you have. I get so tired of having to be the “mask police” for people who… Read more »

Megan
Megan
1 year ago

Last week we were in line for the skyliner leaving Hollywood Studios and a maskless family behind us kept stopping about a foot away from us. I asked them nicely to give us space and they tried to start a fight with me. There were unfortunately no cast members nearby. We also had and entire family push their way past us and several others in line, and completely ignore 3 CMs to get into Disney Jr where the other half of their party was waiting inside. I think the crowds at HS are too large and congested for CM’s to… Read more »

Deanne Wiggins
Deanne Wiggins
1 year ago

Some people are so ignorant. If you can’t obey requests from the park, don’t go. Nobody wants to wear them, but its what we gotta do right now. Nobody is making you go to Disney either…..its about caring for others, and these people obviously don’t. Smh

dawn L vasquez
dawn L vasquez
1 year ago

Well this is a sad reflection on society. First im a local and AP so before this scares away the masses, let me say I HAVE NEVER EVER EVER SEEN people maskless or aggressive about masks or fighting about masks and I HATE THE MASK CRAP. So with the thousands of visitors daily these handful of odd cases are beyond rare. Currently this is Disney’s policy and if we wanna go we need to adhere. I wish this story had more details and Masked people can also act like the mask police so we do not know if a member… Read more »

otterhead
otterhead
Reply to  dawn L vasquez

If someone is refusing to wear a mask in a queue and I’m forced to be in an enclosed space with them, yes, I will be the Mask Police when CMs aren’t around.

Reply to  otterhead

And I will ignore you !

Reply to  otterhead

Not your job, bro. Just chill and let the CMs deal.

otterhead
otterhead
1 year ago

My family and I were at the MK a few weeks ago and while in line at Little Mermaid, a large family was maskless and taunting people about it (“Why’re you people wearing masks? You look f’ing stupid!”). We asked them to put on their masks and they tried to climb over the railings, yelling obscenities at us and others. We found a CM but they said “well, we didn’t see it, so we can’t do anything.” People without masks are getting worse and worse at WDW and I didn’t feel safe there.

Last edited 1 year ago by otterhead
1 year ago

Note to the mask police wannabes – leave it to CMs to enforce the mask rules, as silly as they are. It is not YOUR job.

Anonymous
Anonymous
Reply to  Prince Naveen

Hey prince wannabe- cms aren’t always around. Nobody is running around looking for maskless people. They’re usually the one right behind you

Amy Noel
Amy Noel
Reply to  Prince Naveen

But it is our health and safety. You don’t know if we have an autoimmune disease or diabetes. Covid is quite serious. Unfortunately, if Disney doesn’t have enough cameras or cast members to ensure guest safety, people will have to step up to protect others.

Ahnsael
Ahnsael
Reply to  Prince Naveen

I disagree. It’s ALL of our jobs. If a CM is not available, I’m going to speak up. And I’m not a “wannabe.” my job is 90% being the mask police now. I have an approach that has proven effective, without being confrontational.

I get that we’re ALL frustrated, whether we think masks are necessary or not. But the rules are in place, and people need to follow them, or just not go.

11 months ago
Reply to  Ahnsael

People have asked me to wear a mask and I just tell them no, and if they don’t feel comfortable with it they can move around or call the authorities however I’m not going to do something I don’t feel right doing. I’m not here to protect anyone’s safety .

Abdul
Abdul
1 year ago

im sure they were highfiving themselves later, #winning i guess.

yuk
yuk
1 year ago

you sound very SS with your issues with masks
99.998% survivablity 019 99.98% 20-49 99,95% 50-69
it’s a cold virus get over it

otterhead
otterhead
Reply to  yuk

None of that is true. Please don’t post lies here. Wear masks.

Reply to  otterhead

Literally DW the only place I have worn a mask ,oh and the plane ..other than that ..no, no …

Reply to  otterhead

Yes it is. Do your research, bro. And I don’t mean CNN.

harry
harry
Reply to  otterhead

actually HE IS RIGHT
there is a over 99% survival rate
the CDC has stated that 6% of all covid deaths are from a person catching covid without any other health conditions
The masks have a disclaimer on the box that states that they don’t prevent the transmission of deciese
the news won’t say these things cause these would be good news and we can’t have that
do more research and stop wearing placebos

S1 123
Reply to  yuk

More then likely u never seen the trucks filled with dead from covid the ignorance from people who are so disconnected from what’s going on, how about this u say this now but when covid kills someone in your family don’t cry about it

Reply to  S1 123

Take your scare tactics and communist propaganda somewhere else. This is a family friendly discussion board.

Ronald Patterson
Ronald Patterson
Reply to  S1 123

NY has all the trucks,remember and the numbers are actually spot on, they only ever talk about how many have gotten it or death so far, never ho many survive. as for the masks,these is a lot of talk by doctors that its doing more harm than good, there was a danish study that calls it into question, and let’s look at states that have had locks days for 5 days, 300 days latter,Use FL as a example, we have been open for months, we have spikes but i would add that up to people fleeing NY,NJ,PA,CT ect, and the… Read more »

ANNE
ANNE
1 year ago

People are ridiculous. If you can’t follow the rules, DONT COME TO THE FRICKING PARKS!

Reply to  ANNE

I will never go back with the mask order still in place. It was absolutely ridiculous!

SUe jozefiak
1 year ago

FIrst people need to me mind there own business if you see someone without a mask on don’t make it you’re decision to say something to them let a cast member this is what happens whenever you take matters into your own hand s.

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  SUe jozefiak

What if they’re next to you in a queue and you have nowhere to go? I’ve asked people to put their mask on in situations like this.

Jamie
Jamie
Reply to  Tom Corless

I may not walk out of my way to ask a person to fix their mask, but I sure as heck will if they’re in my bubble. My mask doesn’t protect me from others. It protects others from me. By wearing my mask, I’m showing that I care about the health and safety of others. I want a maskless person who is near me to show the same respect for me that I’m showing for them.

Ahnsael
Ahnsael
Reply to  Jamie

Since my job is now 90% being the mask police, I not only wear a mask, but also the plastic face shield over that. The mask is to protect others. The shield is to protect me from being spat upon or coughed on by some maskless fool who thinks their personal choice to ignore health and safety protocols are more important than the safety of their fellow citizens. Remember WWII? (No, I don’t either — I wasn’t alive yet.) But people were asked to make sacrifices (save your grease to donate to the war effort, gas rations, etc) and that’s… Read more »

Reply to  Tom Corless

I hope they told you something back. People who try to tell me something, I literally just look at them like they are crazy.

Tom Corless
Admin
11 months ago
Reply to  Stephanie Pena

Do you also cut in line? Are you the people who have one member enter the line and then the rest of the family cuts through? Because park rules are park rules, I imagine not having respect for one means you have respect for none.

11 months ago
Reply to  Tom Corless

Tom , are you a jerk??? You sound like one !

Tom Corless
Admin
11 months ago
Reply to  Stephanie Pena

That’s typically the response when you tell someone like it is lol

11 months ago
Reply to  Tom Corless

It is usually the response when you don’t want to use the other more appropriate word for a pretentious, self righteous , for lack of the actual word..Jersey. And yes, I do wait in line so my girls can get snacks,go to the restroom,etc. Then let them join me in line…no biggie!

Tom Corless
Admin
11 months ago
Reply to  Stephanie Pena

Just know that every other guest hates you. I just want to make sure you are aware.

Natasha Sirugo
Natasha Sirugo
1 year ago

Geez what’s wrong with people? Who hits an elderly man? Although I wouldn’t ever say a word to maskless people, just move on or risk getting hit unfortunately. I hate the stupid muzzle too. Do I think it’s very effective outside, not really.. with that said these are the very dumb rules Disney has implemented so you must follow it abd that’s the way it is or don’t go.

peter Mitros
peter Mitros
1 year ago

Well,first of all, in my humble opinion, the whole mask thing is total BS! We are being fooled, BIG TIME! By who, or what group, I am not totally sure, but something is NOT right here, at ALL!!

Abdul
Abdul
Reply to  peter Mitros

all hail the mighty algorithm !!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to  peter Mitros

Agree!

Wildgift
Wildgift
Reply to  peter Mitros

Paranoia will destroy ya…

Jenn
Jenn
Reply to  peter Mitros

Doesn’t matter. This isn’t PoliSci class-it’s talk about rude and abusive behavior. No place for it at Disney (or really anywhere for that matter)

Vanessa
Vanessa
1 year ago

I hope they track them down and ban them for life.

John
John
1 year ago

Seriously wtf is wrong with people. It’s a piece of cloth. An inconvenience. A nuisance at WORST. Not something to commit a felony over!

11 months ago
Reply to  John

John, it’s more than that. A lot of people have breathing issues with face coverings (myself included) and some have psychological issues with it. What about these people? Don’t judge, bro.

SBarr
SBarr
1 year ago

I’m really hoping the people responsible for these incidents received a lifetime ban from the parks worldwide.