UPDATE: Mears Issues Statement on Disney’s Magical Express Service Suspension, Will Continue Providing Transportation to Walt Disney World Resort

As we reported earlier today, Disney’s Magical Express service, which provides guests with transportation between Orlando International Airport and the Walt Disney World, will be ending in 2022. The service was operated by Mears Transportation, which has seen a number of layoffs due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, and has since issued a statement regarding the suspension of the service.

Mears Transportation issued the following statement to Spectrum News 13:

Walt Disney [World] made us aware of their decision. While we are disappointed Disney will no longer offer this service, we intend to continue offering transportation services between the airport and all area theme parks and hotels to meet the demand of our visitors now and in the future.

Disney’s Magical Express service is set to end on January 1, 2022. For more information on Mears Transportation options to the theme parks, including shared shuttles, Mears taxis, and even private cars, click here.

Disney’s Magical Express service was launched back in 2005, offering guests complimentary motorcoach transportation between MCO and Walt Disney World Resort hotels as a benefit of staying on-property. Other popular benefits for Disney Resort hotel guests have also been modified or suspended:

2.5 2 votes
Notify of
guest

mis
mis
12 days ago

does disney even want guests anymore?

Nana Christy
Nana Christy
12 days ago
Reply to  mis

I agree. I’ve been going for many years and I am so disappointed about the Magical Express being taken away among many other things. Ready to throw in the towel!!

Paula
Paula
12 days ago

SHAME ON THEM. I say this as a longtime shareholder and DVC member.

Doug
Doug
12 days ago

Riding the Magical Express to and from our Disney resort was a wonderful beginning and ending to our trips there. More magic taken away by Disney.

Last edited 12 days ago by Doug
Abdul
Abdul
12 days ago

Walt Disney World continues to lose its magic. First high prices for everything tickets , Food, souvenirs, holiday events. And now slowly one by one every little special thing that gave us that magical feeling is being eroded. Soon it will be like six flags and universal.

Erin
Erin
12 days ago

This makes zero sense. I’m sure it’s great for them to save money, but how much more magic can they suck out of Disney world??!!? I thought that was part of the insane resort fees. This place is fast approaching a regular old amusement park.

Michelle D
Michelle D
12 days ago

All I can say is Thank you Disney! I was having trouble budgeting the resorts with their upscale prices, but, now, no need. In fact, I am now I proud Universal Studios AP holder. I get better deals at their resorts, with some offrering me front of the line passes for the entire family. The Magical Express was the one balance that justified the stay. It saved me time and hassel at the airport looking for transportation and meant I didn’t need to rent a car. Now that is gone, I no longer have to worry about Disney resorts. (By… Read more »

Deborah Roberts
Deborah Roberts
12 days ago

We were devastated to see this today!!Cast members and entertainment all let go!!! Tron and GOTG in epcot delayed , no disney dining plans, cancelling all flights inclusive Holidays and now no magical express service as of 2022 !!! WHY DISNEY?? We are booked for October 29th – November 15th 2021 coming from Liverpool, UK after moving last years trip!!! I will now be calling and cancelling our x2 family bookings for our 15nts stay at the Polynesian and we will rebook to go when disney starts to sort it’s self out!!! SO UPSET!! Mrs Deborah Roberts 😢

May
May
12 days ago

Can’t this be a temporary thing just so until covid is over? They can bring DME back, can’t they? It’s so full last time I was on it, there wasn’t a seat available.

David
David
11 days ago

Disney seems to be all about saving pennies at the moment (well last few years really!). If you do that you’ll lose more customers and therefore, long term, will make less profit. Can’t trade off a historical brand forever.

Prince Naveen
Prince Naveen
11 days ago

Welcome to the future of the Disney company, ladies and gentlemen. This company has the inability to make smart decisions nor act with any common sense. Watch onsite stays drop as a result of this, and they will deserve it. Disgusting.

Brad
Brad
10 days ago

Have enjoyed visiting Disney since 1976 and have brought many family members and friends along for the “magic”. Recent visits have included: 2006, 2008 (cruise and park), 2009, 2011, 2014, 2016 and 2019. Needless to say, Disney has enjoyed a nice chunk of my income for those trips but you have constantly raised prices and cheapened the experience! With the elimination of the magic hours and the crazy prices you charge, what remains the motivation to stay on property? The cattle cars (busses, boats and monorail) you move people around on? Cha! As if! Your constant move to match the… Read more »

Guynema Terry
Guynema Terry
9 days ago

I am part of a group of 70-year-olds who come to Disney once a year. We come from Montana and this means catching a plane at 6:30 in the morning, changing planes twice, and arriving around 530 in Orlando. By this time we are absolutely fried and the best part was knowing that once we got to that airport, all we had to do was board that express and we were on our way to a grand and magical vacation. The whole vacation was enhanced by Knowing that the evening before departure, we would have the departure tickets on our… Read more »