Walt Disney World 6 Feet Distancing Sign

BREAKING: Walt Disney World Removing 6 Feet Physical Distancing Requirements, Will Change to Less Distance in Select Locations

We reported earlier that Universal Orlando Resort has reduced their physical distancing requirements for guests to three feet. With a change today on The Walt Disney World website, Disney may not be far behind.

6feeto3feetchange-9642798

The “Returning to a World of Magic” page on DisneyWorld.com has this updated image, where the “6ft 2m” markings in the arrow have now been removed. Here’s what it looked like before:

disney-world-website-6-feet-distancing-7923493

The verbiage below was also changed:

updated-distancing-message-4986262

So, what of importance changed? Here’s the breakdown:

• ADDED: While we will reduce physical distancing measures for Guests across many areas with a gradual, phased approach, six-feet distancing measures will continue in all dining locations, merchandise stores and in areas where Guests can temporarily remove their masks.
  • REMOVED: Cars will be directed to park in every other parking space at the theme parks.

So, 6 feet of distance will be maintained in places where guests often can remove their masks, but also indoors in shops. Otherwise, it does make it sound like changes are coming, and less than 6 feet of space will be acceptable outdoors, in attraction queues, and beyond.

The previous physical distancing policy required six feet between parties all around the resort. This is the second change in recent weeks to COVID-19 safety measures, following an announcement that temperature checks will be removed from the theme parks and resorts.

Walt Disney World 6 Feet Distancing Sign

Both policies went into place when Walt Disney World Resort reopened Disney Springs in May 2020 and the theme parks in July 2020.

Stay tuned to WDWNT.com for continuing updates on Walt Disney World’s changing safety policies and procedures.

5 2 votes
Notify of
guest

Braden Baird
Braden Baird
30 days ago

Hopefully I will still have a chance to hug Vampirina because I heard her show is ending in June which is devastating.

I will be super devastated and heart broken if I will never get a chance to hug Vampirina again.

Thanks!

J Statt
J Statt
30 days ago

Eventually, they’ll have to make a change to the mask policy. They just aren’t sure when to rip off the bandaid.

Mason Pyle
Mason Pyle
Reply to  J Statt

Oh knows they might keep it since they have been appealing to the woke crowd recently and trying their best to be Republican deflectors

Anon
Anon
30 days ago

Thank you, science! Get your shots, people, so we can keep this progress going!

J Statt
J Statt
Reply to  Anon

Once vaccines have been readily available, if someone doesn’t wish to get one then any consequences are on them. No reason why disney or anyone else should wait around to remove restrictions to try and force people to get it.

Ben
Ben
30 days ago

Wow…. Take away temperature screening… only form of true mitigation.. now this.. what’s next the masks?? This is sorta insane meanwhile look at India, this virus is still rampant have we forgot that the USA has had a terrible terrible time with covid. This doesn’t make a lick of sense especially because the vaccine …I’ve read of people still getting this virus after they have received the “vaccine” read many reports via the mainstream news. be that as it may I love Disney and Respect their choices. It’s been the only place I feel safe taking my family. I just… Read more »

Brian
Brian
Reply to  Ben

Cant live in fear. Don’t like it? Don’t go!

J Statt
J Statt
Reply to  Ben

“Only form of true mitigation” do you even know what you’re talking about? Not even this CDC recommends temperature screenings as an effective covid screening tool. It’s entirely ineffective. Some of you people just believe outright lies as much as you claim anti maskers do.

Another Girl
Another Girl
Reply to  Ben

I agree Disney has gone beyond to keep everything as safe and clean as they can! :) Although, regarding the temperature checks, they weren’t really accurate though in detecting COVID. Our Florida sun can easily overheat a PERSON and cause heat stroke, not everyone who has a fever has COVID, and not everyone who has COVID has a fever. I did appreciate the distancing though! I need my space! XP Hehe Honestly though, it does feel good to be getting back to normal. I work on property in FL and in this day and age, tourism really does drive our… Read more »

Logic and Rationality are our friends
Logic and Rationality are our friends
29 days ago
Reply to  Ben

Listen I was one of the first to people to mask up even when they were telling us not to. Disney was my safe haven because they went SO hardcore on the safety measures. I got the vaccine the second I was eligible and am proudly fully vaccinated, however it is coming to a time where if have NOT gotten the vaccine, the risk needs to be on you. We cannot say ‘follow the science’ but then become irrational when the science starts to move faster than we are personally comfortable with. There was a GREAT article in The NY… Read more »

JustJessee
JustJessee
30 days ago

People will still need to stay at least an elbows distance away from me. Period.
I’m done with creepers getting into my personal space and COVID has shown me what it can be like without people being all up in my space. #Backup

May
May
30 days ago

Disney has done a lot of token measures to make people feel safe without it actually being safe.

mis
mis
30 days ago

considering real medical science studies, that leaves out anything from the cdc, have found there is less than 1% chance of catching covid outdoors, then it is about time for all of us to start following the real science instead of the fearmongers we have been forced to listen to.

Mason Pyle
Mason Pyle
30 days ago

Remove the mask mandate and I will go back