mobile-order-universal4-8784339

BREAKING: Mobile Ordering Discontinued At Almost All Universal Orlando Restaurants

This afternoon while pondering lunch in the park, we took to our Universal Orlando app to browse a few mobile ordering options. To our surprise, we noticed almost all options have now been removed.

table-delivery1-7178948

Volcano Bay now only allows mobile ordering for those who have rented a premium seating upgrade.
There are now only two options that still provide mobile ordering, and both of these, Richter’s Burger Co. and Leaky Cauldron, are now displaying as “Table Delivery” in the app.

table-delivery2-2142667

No mobile order options are available at all at Islands of Adventure.

mobile-order-universal8-6722401

We headed inside The Burger Digs in Islands of Adventure to check out the scene and confirm the change with a few Team Members.

mobile-order-universal1-5764112

Numbers have been removed from tables.

mobile-order-universal2-6208907

Team Members did confirm for us that they discontinued mobile ordering.

mobile-order-universal3-9105664

Crowds begin to pile up inside the restaurant as guests now need to order food the traditional way.

mobile-order-universal4-8784339

Team Members now work the registers to take orders.

mobile-order-universal5-8898009

What do you think about this change? Let us know in the comments below.

For more Universal Studios news from around the world, follow Universal Parks News Today on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

2.6 5 votes
Notify of
guest

John
John
1 month ago

Bummer. I really liked the mobile ordering and hoped it was here to stay :(

Joshua D'Arts
Joshua D'Arts
1 month ago

Well that’s a stupid move by Universal…

Travis jordan
Travis jordan
1 month ago

Huge mistake, the system was actually working and made it easier to enjoy food at Universal.

Angry Dad
Angry Dad
1 month ago

We were in there this afternoon. Trying to eat at Moes… we waited 40 min to be sent to the line… which looked to be another 2 hours long. It was awful. We couldn’t find water. My child got dehydrated. Miserable start to vacation.The place is packed and not enough staff to cover the food and drink needs of the guests.

Kristina Torres
Kristina Torres
Reply to  Angry Dad

Here now and twice I had to leave my mobile order and order food outside of universal. I waited two hours and the food wasn’t ready, wasted my money and time. I’m actually happy they shut the mobile ordering down because they can’t handle the capacity AT ALL. The customer service number is not giving an option to speak with anyone, I’ve been at universal every year at this time of year so I know this is unusual even for peak crowds. This time I STRONGLY suggest NOT to depend on or even use the mobile features, I just brought… Read more »

Tom
Tom
1 month ago

Gotta be better than old system: Mobile order took 60 minutes to get table at burger digs: then took as another 30 to get food because have to type table number in before they even start making food: then you have to wait in another line to get drinks

Rose
Rose
1 month ago

Hope this means more cashiers. I never used mobile order, since you can’t use the dining plan with it, so I’m glad. It was a stupid system anyway. Has to line up for a table then mobile order after sitting down. Wasn’t a time saver at all.

Howard
Howard
Reply to  Rose

I agree. I have used mobile order before. It was more trouble than a convenience to me.

Margarita Santana
Margarita Santana
1 month ago

Oh my gosh! This is horrible. We loved the online ordering in the app. We could stay in line for the rides and time the pick up of the food. There are times not everyone wants to eat at the same place. Our best experience was in the Simpsons food court, had it not been for the app we would have never known there were vegetarian options in Lisa’s teahouse. We were able to order our meals while in the 40min line for Skull Island Our family of four, we hate eating in public when we can be doing other… Read more »

Jennifer
Jennifer

Yay! Hate mobile ordering

Alicia
Alicia
1 month ago

We spent 2 hours and 45 minutes using the quick dining option. It was a mad house. They clearly are short staffed and only had one person on the register. Everyone was kind but it was awful food and service. We missed out on a couple rides because of this. We waited in line for almost a hour to get a table and then you get in another line and wait to order your food. Definitely not a great system.

Matthew A Seilback
Matthew A Seilback
1 month ago

Seems like a positive change to me. However there’s got to be a way to bring it back. The reason it was positive is that we were there just a couple days ago and all ordering was being funneled through one employee. The line was probably almost 2 hours long. We ordered on mobile and the only way we were able to figure out how to get into the restaurant quicker was through some detective work of our own.

Janice Stewart
Janice Stewart
1 month ago

I was at Universal in early June and the dining situation at both parks was a nightmare. Not enough employees. Took almost 2 entire hours to get inside, mobile order and get a burger.

Indy
Indy
1 month ago

There are a few business reasons that this likely happened. Firstly staffing, secondly that impulse buy of a piece of cake at the register goes away and thus less profit for the parks .

James Morles
James Morles
1 month ago

Just go to city walk🤷🏾‍♂️ When you get hungry!

Deb
Deb
1 month ago

Hallelujah. Bring back better customer service