Disney Dream at sea

Disney Cruise Line Simulation Sailing To Begin June 29 at Port Canaveral

Disney Cruise Line has received clearance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to hold a simulation sailing from June 29 to July 1.

Disney Dream at sea

We first learned about simulation sailings last year when the CDC allowed the no-sail order to expire. Via the two-night simulation, Disney Cruise Line will be able to test its operations with new health and safety protocols. The simulations will be aboard the Disney Dream out of Port Canaveral with Disney Cruise Line Cast Members volunteering as passengers.

Here is the full announcement from Thomas Mazloum, President of Disney Signature Experiences:

“I have some great news to share, team.

We received word that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has approved our application to conduct a simulation cruise in advance of resuming normal operations.

This is a critically important milestone for Disney Cruise Line – and I want to thank everyone who has been supporting our return-to-service plans with such dedication and hard work.

We now have the green light to conduct our two-night simulation cruise aboard the Disney Dream from June 29 to July 1, sailing from Port Canaveral. The ship will sail with volunteer passengers and test our newly developed health and safety protocols, which have been meticulously tailored to the current public health environment. All of these protocols are essential to cruising responsibly, and Disney Cruise Line couldn’t be more committed to making vacation dreams come true as it prioritizes the wellbeing of all who step aboard our ships.

Today, as we move closer to restarting our U.S. cruises, I want to spotlight the tremendous resilience and positivity of the team. Your collaboration and continued enthusiasm throughout the pandemic have been nothing short of amazing, as we’ve researched, drafted, revised and refined our comprehensive roadmap for cruising again. It has been no small feat – and I’m extremely proud of everyone.

We will continue to evaluate our health and safety protocols, working closely with the CDC, and make adjustments as we work toward a full resumption of cruising. In the meantime, we can all take pride in the approval of our application with the CDC – a milestone that reflects the incredible talents of our entire team.”

0 0 votes
Notify of
guest

abdul
abdul

They Better be not asking for me Vaccine passport

Impressions de Frank
Impressions de Frank
Reply to  abdul

Arrr, matey!

Melissa
Melissa
Reply to  abdul

So the health and safety of the cast members mean nothing to you? But don’t worry DeathSantis has essentially made vaccine passports illegal, you’d know that if you were well informed.

Enuff
Enuff
Reply to  abdul

As per Florida law, they can’t require proof of vaccination.

Rebecca booth
Rebecca booth
1 month ago

How do you volunteer to be on the test cruise?

Wanna Cruise Now
Wanna Cruise Now
Reply to  Rebecca booth

Yes!!! I cannot find anything on-line. How do i get on this ship

Crystal Grey
Crystal Grey
Reply to  Rebecca booth

Yes I wanna volunteer. Lol

Enuff
Enuff
Reply to  Rebecca booth

You don’t. DCL will be using Disney employees for this cruise test.

Concerned Cruiser
1 month ago

So the one thing we don’t see from the CDC or the Cruise Lines on these simulation:test cruises is how they determine whether or not the simulation was a success or how the CDC determines the protections are adequate? All of these articles say limited crew and test passengers but no mention of any CDC or Health officials being on board performing observations – no mention of a minimum score that needs to be met like food health inspectors on ships – it would be nice to know why the dog and pony show if they will just run a… Read more »

EWinMB
EWinMB
1 month ago

You’re asking the pertinent questions. I haven’t seen anything regarding how it’s determined whether it’s a success, failure, or something in between. Nor have I’ve seen anything about who is there to monitor and report findings. The only “test” voyages required are those that leave from or disembark in U.S. waters and the cruise line does not intend to have any voyages with less than 95% VACCINATED guests is my understanding. So far Desantis isn’t allowing any form of vaccination proof as a condition to sail. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. Some cruise lines may decide… Read more »

Laura McCormack
Laura McCormack
1 month ago

I think it must be mandatory to be vaccinated. We all know there are tons of viruses passed on ships. DeSantis is paying these cruise lines off or doing SOMETHING to keep them in Florida. What happened to threatening to leave Florida if he doesn’t go along with proof of vaccine? I don’t think that’s too much to ask. No vaccine? No cruise. Simple!

Krystal
Krystal
1 month ago

You just said it yourself there are plenty of viruses passed around these ships. Most of them are very common and avoidable with basic hygeine. However, you are pushing for proof of a vaccine for one virus, when there are hundreds of others things you can get that don’t have vaccines. That doesn’t even account for bacterial infections. So I don’t feel they should require it. You know what you are signing up for when you agree to spend 2 to 14ish days in a confined space with hundreds of other people. That’s the risk you take. Don’t want the… Read more »

Debbie Higham
Debbie Higham
1 month ago

It is s violation of the ADA to ask for proof of vaccination or any medical condition

Kennalenia Martin
Kennalenia Martin
1 month ago

I will volunteer if I knew how

Jenifer Greenhoe
Jenifer Greenhoe
1 month ago

Where do I volunteer for this simulation cruise?

mil L land
1 month ago

we would be happy to give this test a try. Include us

Suzana
Suzana
1 month ago

We would love to volunteer

Dee
Dee
1 month ago

How do you get ticket and I will gladly show my ID

Enuff
Enuff
1 month ago

They will only be using Disney employees for this test cruise. Probably make them board one at a time and have them report directly to their rooms where they will stay until the ship returns to port. Voila! No problems, right?
And big thanks to Florida Gov Ron DeSantis for signing into law making it illegal to require proof of vaccination! I wish I could move to Florida!!

Debby
Debby
1 month ago

I am a cast memeber. How can I volunteer for the cruise?