disney-genie-service-4013558

Guests May Purchase Disney Genie+ Beginning at Midnight the Day of Their Visit to Walt Disney World; Attraction Reservations Begin 7 AM

Following Wednesday’s reveal of Disney Genie and Genie+, we now are learning more on just how this service will work.

disney-genie-service-4013558

Disney has confirmed to travel agents that guests will be able to purchase the Genie+ service beginning at midnight on the day they visit to a Walt Disney World theme park. That being said, reservations to use the Lightning Lane for specific attractions will begin at 7 AM the same day. Purchasing Genie+ early has no bearing on attraction availability. It’s unclear if the same policy will apply at the Disneyland Resort.

Disney Genie+ will sell for $15.00 per guest per day at Walt Disney World, and $20.00 per guest per day at the Disneyland Resort. Additional high-demand attractions will be available for an additional fee. The standard Disney Genie service, which includes personalized recommendations based on attraction wait times but not Lightning Lane access, will be free to all guests.

The service, which replaces the complimentary FastPass+ system at Walt Disney World, has proven to be unpopular with many, with the video announcing the service quickly garnering a 70% dislike percentage on YouTube.

As always, keep following WDWNT for all of your Disney Parks news, and for the absolute latest, follow WDW News Today on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

0 0 votes
Notify of
guest

Meg
Meg
1 month ago

Ah yes, waking up at midnight while I’m on vacation is EXACTLY what I want to do in order to pay for something I may hardly be able to utilize. Dumb.

Banshee
Banshee
Reply to  Meg

Even 7am when a park may not open until 10am. So much for shutting down MK at 1am if magic evening hours ever return.

PKams
PKams
Reply to  Meg

Oh yeah, waking up at midnight and then again at 7AM on MY VACATION. So much fun (not).

Mike
Mike
Reply to  Meg

Then … don’t use the service.
Problem solved.

Garrett
Garrett
Reply to  Mike

Is this Mike Eisner?

sherry
sherry
Reply to  Garrett

haha!

FIreland
FIreland
1 month ago

Ah yes. So it is said that the average adult should get 7-9 hours of sleep per night to be healthy. So if I stay up til midnight to buy Disney plus,( which will take time) then wake up before 7 to be sure to be online in time to book my first ride – and I do this every day for the duration of my visit, what will this mean for my health and well-being, let alone enjoyment by the end of my vacation?

May
May
1 month ago

Why does it have to be midnight? Why can’t it be whenever they book the trip?

Erin
Erin
1 month ago

I’m so confused. Disney expects guests to be awake at midnight the night of heading to an all day theme park? And we always look at vacation as a nice break from phones. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Disney is completely out of touch with reality.

Chrysanthemum
Chrysanthemum
1 month ago

Stay up till midnight to buy it then set your alarm for 6:55am to get reservations. Sounds like this is exactly what busy families want to do… Idiots.

STP
STP
1 month ago

I always preferred the old Fast Pass system with the physical printed cards with a return time

Chelsea
Chelsea
1 month ago

From what I read on on DTA Q&A article..It can be added to vacation packages in advance but it is an all or nothing deal, you’ll have to purchase everyday you have a ticket, which I do not agree with.

Tim S
Tim S
1 month ago

DAmaro said they have over 60 years of theme park experience behind the creation of these changes. It’s just ashamed that neither he or Cheapact were there for very much if it… nor do they respect or carry on the Disney traditions of those before them. I’m sorry, but these two are just running the company into the ground. Between their woke leadership where everything is offensive and where there are now NO grooming standards… to the double standard where they blame the pandemic for layoffs and cost cutting yet are filling the parks to capacity… to the obvious greed… Read more »

stottiecake
stottiecake
Reply to  Tim S

whatever about charging for previously free services/removing free services entirely, I really don’t think the new grooming code will ruin a vacation. Give me great, smiley service from someone with coloured nail varnish and a small visible tattoo as per the new code, rather than chilly, disinterested service from someone with the old Disney Look.

Nice people bring the Disney magic, and no nail varnish will spoil that :)

Samantha
Samantha
Reply to  stottiecake

I agree with you that the smiles are what counts. But the one thing that I have to add is that, when you have the strict grooming, you weed out the people who just think of Disney as another job, because you’re hiring those who are willing to take extra steps to “be Disney”. I personally miss the squeaky clean image that Disney was known for.

sherry
sherry
1 month ago

Can we ask them to change the midnight purchase time? Who wants to be awake at midnight ? We need our sleep for the parks,,, c’mon, Disney!!! Get with the program!!!

Debbie
Debbie
1 month ago

This is so sad that they are blaming their greed on the Pandemic. I’ve been going to WDW since 1972. I’ve seen many changes, most of them positive . It always gave me the incentive to keep coming back. I’m sure the people at Disney give little attention to any of the comments. I am saddened it has come to soaking as much money out of their guests that they can. I certainly have lost my enthusiasm for this company.

Klmz
Klmz
1 month ago

No one said you have to buy it at midnight right? Just get up at 6:45 buy it and then make your reservations at 7:00am

Betty
Betty
17 days ago

I’m ready ! This is exciting for me after all the things we have been going through this past year! Let the fun begin ! I’m up anyways more excited than my grandchildren!