disney-cruise-line-wish-featured

New Restriction in The Bahamas Requires All Eligible Cruise Passengers to Be Fully Vaccinated Even on Private Islands

The Prime Minister of the Bahamas has signed a new order utilizing emergency powers to require all passenger cruises to provide a passenger manifest including vaccination statuses. In order to enter a port, all passengers age 12+ must be fully vaccinated. The new restriction goes into effect from September 3 through November 1st.

This affects Disney’s Castaway Cay and the Disney Cruise Line.

All health protocols must be strictly adhered to as per the previous agreements between the cruise lines and the Government of the Bahamas.

This development comes after a federal judge ruled that it is legal for Florida-based cruises to require proof of vaccination.

At this time, Disney Cruise Line has not announced any changes to its policies. Currently, unvaccinated guests are required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to the departure date. Stay tuned as this is a developing story.

As always, keep following WDWNT for all of your Disney Parks news, and for the absolute latest, follow WDW News Today on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

3.2 9 votes
Brad
Brad
3 months ago

Good

Lou
Lou
3 months ago

Now is not a good time to cruise. Even the fully vaccinated cruises have positive cases. Sad to think these falsely safe cruisers are infecting folks of these small islands who don’t have proper medical facilities. I love cruising, especially Disney cruises. But now it’s just a waste of money.

Chris
Chris
3 months ago

I’m glad to see that this won’t impact things as much as it lets on. Anyone under 12 is good to go, providing they test negative. I think that’s fair – it’s their country, their rules. Anyone over 12 can get vaccinated. I’m curious, since they’re allowing children under 12 in, if they will also let people with medical exemptions. Although, I’ll note that if I had a medical reason that I couldn’t be vaccinated, a cruise probably shouldn’t be my first pick for a vacation right now anyway. Keeping yourself in a safe place is always important, even more… Read more »

Rodrigo
Rodrigo
3 months ago

Good!

Brooklyn
Brooklyn
3 months ago

Ridiculous.

brit
brit
3 months ago

Good. They have to protect their island.