harmonious-10-5100124

PHOTOS, VIDEO: Watch the First Ever Performance of ‘Harmonious’ Nighttime Spectacular at EPCOT

Yesterday, we said goodbye to “EPCOT Forever” (two years after saying goodbye to “IllumiNations”). Today, we’re saying hello to “Harmonious,” the brand-new nighttime spectacular playing on World Showcase Lagoon at EPCOT.

image-from-ios-5392069

Crowds gathered around World Showcase Lagoon to catch the show.

image-from-ios-1-6124635
image-from-ios-2-7628631
pre-harmonious-torches-2-6954639

Thirty minutes before showtime, the torches were lit.

pre-harmonious-torches-3-4648775
harmonious-2-3559469

The show focuses on the five barges. The four half-circle barges have LED screens, while the center ring barge uses a water screen to project clips and images.

harmonious-3-3045855
harmonious-4-5993268

The show features classic Disney animated films such as “The Lion King,” featured above.

harmonious-5-5327292
harmonious-6-1961699

Fountains, lights, lasers, and pyrotechnics enhance the show.

harmonious-7-1240342
harmonious-8-6487732
harmonious-9-2273266

Modern films such as Disney/Pixar’s “Coco” are also featured.

harmonious-10-5100124
harmonious-1-3631853
harmonious-premiere-2-3579907
harmonious-premiere-3-2892023

Harmonious features a soundtrack of 15 songs in 13 languages from 240 artists around the world.

harmonious-premiere-4-1651584
harmonious-premiere-6-6577752

Harmonious officially debuts on Friday, October 1, when nightly showings will begin at 9:45 p.m.

Watch our full video of the first-ever performance of Harmonious below.

As always, keep following WDWNT for all of your Disney Parks news, and for the absolute latest, follow WDW News Today on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

3.3 8 votes
Bill
Bill
2 months ago

I liked it. I disliked it. I enjoyed the new presentation. Loved that the tacos have two sides and had different images on each. Loved the way the water fountains/streams were illuminated with spots, floodlights, and lasers. The music was meh. More auto-tuned songs by those young Disney actor types. But found myself disappointed with the same Disney IP used in every other fireworks show. This is Epcot. Just not sure it belonged. I’m trying to persuade myself that each animated clip was tied to one of the pavilions in the World Showcase. But what pavilion was represented by that… Read more »

Beans
Beans
2 months ago

Please reassure me that the show looks good in person. It looked a lot like somebody’s Disney screensaver to me.

Unsinkable Mongala Millie
Unsinkable Mongala Millie
2 months ago

Guys, I figured the story out. It is the first screensaver that is being designed in “a garage in Southern California.” Right?

Jackabee
Jackabee
2 months ago

Unpopular opinion: Harmonious was really good.

Scott
Scott
2 months ago

The ending was anti-climatic – so non-Disney a voice pretty much says “yup it’s over – good night – now get out”

Last edited 2 months ago by Scott
Bernie
Bernie
2 months ago

Illuminations made me cry for all the right reasons. Harmonius makes me cry because it has no soul, it has no discernable message, it has zero transition between segments, and it has no climax. It was just a hyper-compressed Disney animation short film collection projected on spraying water. Maybe it belongs in MK, but I doubt it. Technically it was great, but I expected that. I hate seeing myself growing negative feelings toward Disney, but this was truly a horrible step backward from what was a highlight of every evening at Epcot. Congratulations, Chapek. You’ve successfully trashed another iconic WDW… Read more »

Chris
Chris
2 months ago

To paraphrase a line from Cruella, This was “something”.

It wasn’t good enough to justify having the barges fill up the lagoon all day long.

Some different and neat effects, but it’s too long and too random with no real storytelling.

Gen
Gen
1 month ago

How sad. So they stole an idea from Universal and made it worse.