We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, December 19, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Guests at the Magic Kingdom will be able to once again mingle with royalty at Cinderella’s Royal Table with the return of character dining beginning February 28, 2023.
- The American Adventure reopening has been delayed once again at EPCOT. The audio-animatronic show initially closed on September 19 for what was supposed to be a three-month refurbishment.
- The nursery tanks have been festively decked out in holiday decor over at The Seas with Nemo & Friends in EPCOT.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Former Imagineer Eddie Sotto and other former Disney Imagineers and theme park experts believe that Disney resorts are becoming too generic.
- The Lava Pool Water Slide at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will be closed to guests for routine maintenance beginning in early January.
- In honor of the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World, a Hollywood Tower Hotel Funko! Pop, featuring a golden Mickey Mouse Bellhop, is scheduled to be released on shopDisney.com tomorrow.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Water bottle refill stations continue to appear throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Disneyland Resort has released the performance schedule for the debuts of both “Wondrous Journeys” and “World of Color — One,” which both kick off on January 27.
- Joining a number of other attractions, Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind at Disney California Adventure is scheduled to close in late January for refurbishment, according to the Disneyland Resort website.
- Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay originally planned to end in the first week of January, has been extended for an additional three weeks, allowing guests to continue experiencing it.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Tokyo Disney Resort has now made buying merchandise for the purpose of reselling it a reason to be removed from the park or banned altogether.
- The 999 Happy Haunts of the Haunted Mansion are making their way out for the winter at Tokyo Disneyland with a new “Disney Story Beyond” mystery game as well as some new merchandise commemorating the iconic attraction this January
Entertainment and Media
- Guests are invited to celebrate Disney’s 100 Years of Wonder this New Year’s Day with a marathon of Disney animated classics, back on the big screen for one day only in select AMC theaters.
- The Walt Disney Company has unveiled a 30-second teaser showcasing a selection of the upcoming shows set to be released on Disney Plus starting in January 2023, including ‘Peter Pan & Wendy’ and ‘Loki’ Season 2.
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney stock [$DIS] has tumbled over $4.00 in today’s trading. Some are blaming the disappointing results from the highly anticipated sequel to “Avatar.”
WDW News Today
Neil Patrick Harris Makes Chapek Joke at Candlelight Processional, TRON Will Have MagicBand Lockers – NewsToday 12/19
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!