We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, January 20, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The Huggies sponsorship signage has been removed from the Baby Care Center and Stroller Rentals signs.
- As Ariel’s Grotto prepares to reopen, Lightning Lane signage has been installed at the entrance.
- The parking lots around EPCOT have been rethemed to IPs that “represent the concept of EPCOT.”
- Some of the choices include Gamora, Dory, and Hei-Hei, among others.
- We tried the returning Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine at the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts this week.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- As efforts to be more inclusive continue at Walt Disney World, a new mannequin shows a child in a wheelchair while wearing merchandise.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- Construction on northbound World Drive will temporarily reduce traffic to one lane next week.
- Reservations for accessible Minnie Vans have been opened to all guests regardless of whether they require the accessible functions or not.
- We’ve seen several errors pop up in the Disney100 banners around the Disneyland Resort, including one claiming the Matterhorn Bobsleds opened in 1955.
- We recently caught a full test of the new “Wondrous Journeys” fireworks spectacular from outside the park.
- Disney100 decor is now going up on Sleeping Beauty Castle, we caught the first pieces installed today!
- It’s opening day of the Lunar New Year Festival at Disney California Adventure! First thing’s first, we got our Sip and Savor Pass.
- Magic Key Holders can also pick up an exclusive button featuring Oswald and Ortensia!
- Speaking of Ortensia, she’s appearing in the US parks for the very first time during Lunar New Year, and she’s brought Oswald with her in Paradise Gardens Park!
- And now it’s review time! First up, we tried the new Green Tea Horchata and Coffee Bundt Cake at the Pacific Wharf Cappuccino Cart.
- The Magic Key Terrace has a new plate of Pork Spare Ribs for the festival.
- Prosperity Bao & Buns has added a new pizza bao to the menu this year.
- Goofy’s Churro Cart meanwhile brought a new Almond Cookie Churro to the table.
- Head on over to the Paradise Gardens Grill for new Kimchi Bokkeumbap, Shrimp Lo Mein, Tiger Milk Boba Tea, and a Blackberry Soju Cocktail.
- The surprise hit so far? The Milk Taro Tea Cheesecake over at Boardwalk Pasta & Pizza!
- Every year, Lamplight Lounge debuts a new menu for the festival. But is it worth your time this year?
- There’s a couple different options over on Boardwalk Dining as well in Lamplight Lounge.
- Bamboo Blessings is one of the new additions to the park for Lunar New Year, so we visited to try the new bites!
- And to round out your afternoon at the park, you can take in this year’s iteration of “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession” which features traditional Chinese dancers, dragons, and an appearance by Oswald the Lucky Rabbit!
The Walt Disney Company
- The Walt Disney Company has been collaborating with CreativeSoul, a black-owned business, to create a collection of four dolls which reimagine Disney Princesses as being part of the African diaspora.
- Records in Orlando show Disney is still moving forward with its eventual Lake Nona campus.
WDW News Today
Disney Closing Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser During Summer Due to Low Bookings – NewsToday 1/20
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!