We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, February 9, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Construction has moved up to the top of Splash Mountain as it transforms into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Magic Kingdom.
- The new pathway that connects Tomorrowland and Storybook Circus in Magic Kingdom has now opened for guests enjoying the TRON Lightcycle / Run preview.
- Crew members continue to work on cleaning up Space Mountain in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Bullseye “cardboard” cutout that we spotted outside Roundup Rodeo BBQ in Disney’s Hollywood Studios yesterday has now been revealed.
- These Disney100 and Limited Edition The Disney Afternoon Pins are now available at Walt Disney World.
- Put the pedal to the metal with the new Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster tank top, pullover, and mug available at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The bill for the state of Florida to take over and rename Reedy Creek Improvement District has passed the Florida House of Representatives.
- The winner of Sunday’s Super Bowl LVII will be celebrated at Disneyland rather than Walt Disney World for the second year in a row.
- The error-ridden signs on the construction walls outside Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland have been replaced.
- To coincide with the premiere of “Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur” on Disney Channel and Disney+, Moon Girl herself will be appearing in Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure beginning February 15.
- Popcorn bucket collectors visiting Disneyland will be excited to learn that the classic Simba popcorn bucket has been updated with a new “Tale of the Lion King” strap!
Entertainment and Media
- As fans eagerly await the premiere of Marvel’s “Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur” on the Disney Channel this Friday, Executive Producer Steve Loter has taken to Twitter to share behind-the-scene details surrounding the creation of the animated television series.
- Aloha! Today Disney announced that ABC’s hit TV show “American Idol” is returning to Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa!
- A release date has been announced for “Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures,” a new series aimed at young children coming to Disney+ and Disney Junior.
The Walt Disney Company
- Rebecca Campbell, chairman of International Content and Operations for The Walt Disney Company, “has decided to leave the Company.”
- Nelson Peltz, CEO and founding partner of Trian Group, told CNBC this morning that his “proxy war” with The Walt Disney Company is now over.
- The Walt Disney Company shared a statement saying they “appreciate the decision” by Nelson Peltz and the Trian Group to stop pushing for Peltz to be on the company’s board, ending the “proxy war” between the two.
- Josh D’Amaro addressed the announcement that The Walt Disney Company would be cutting 7,000 jobs in an email to Cast Members today.
- Disney CEO Bob Iger told CNBC this morning that he stopped Isaac “Ike” Perlmutter, then CEO of Marvel Entertainment, from firing Kevin Feige from Marvel Studios in 2015.
WDW News Today
Avatar Attraction Announced for Disneyland, Pirates of the Caribbean Boat Sinks,Phone Smokes on Ride – Disneyland News Today 2/9
Disney Dating Game, Not-So-NewlyWED Game, Rejected Theme Park Valentines – WDW News Tonight Episode 237
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!