Though Mickey’s Toontown is scheduled to open tomorrow, March 19, a small portion is open to allow access to Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, which opened on January 27. Guests who rope-dropped the reimagined land this morning, March 18, were disappointed, however, as there was an unannounced media event.
Nobody told guests about the media event, so they rushed from the Disneyland entrance to Mickey’s Toontown (if you’re unfamiliar with the layout of Disneyland Park, that’s a long walk).
Guests arrived at Toontown only to then find out it wasn’t open yet, and they had wasted their rope drop opportunity to get in line for something else.
The entire land was closed, including Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
It turns out it will actually open for guests at 1:00 p.m. this afternoon. The land was also added to the map in the Disneyland app today.
Read more recent announcements about the reimagined Mickey’s Toontown:
- FIRST LOOK: Mickey Mouse to Debut New Costume in Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland
- Sneak Peek Inside Reimagined Mickey’s Toontown Including Minnie’s House, Goofy’s How-To-Play Yard, and Chip & Dale’s Gadget Coaster
- Mickey’s Toontown Designed to be Inclusive and Accessible to ‘Every Single Guest’ at Disneyland Resort
- Souvenir Slushee Sipper, ‘Yummy’ Popcorn Bucket, and Themed Candies Coming to Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland
- New Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Remote Control Trackless Ride Vehicle Toy Coming to Disneyland
- Pete to Meet and Greet Guests in Reimagined Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland