We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, April 5, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Crews have begun cutting into the Splash Mountain tree at Magic Kingdom to remove it as the ride is transformed into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.
- The TRON Identity Program, allowing guests to create a custom TRON action figure, is now open in Tomorrowland Launch Depot at Magic Kingdom and we’ve brought you a first-hand look at the entire experience.
- Disney100 pressed pennies are now available at EPCOT, as well as at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- While visiting Discovery River Amphitheater in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, we found a speaker pole donning new banners in the themed cultural stylings of Tibet and Nepal.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The World Drive Expansion Project construction between the Shades of Green Resort and Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will permanently close the pathway between the two on May 1, 2023.
- A remote control BD unit has rolled into Droid Depot on the planet of Batuu, a.ka. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- We found a Mickey Mouse Balloon Light-Up Keychain at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and you’ll never have to worry about this keepsake popping.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney Genie+ has sold out for the third day in a row at Walt Disney World Resort, despite its record-high price.
- Construction is underway at Tiana’s Palace, a new restaurant themed to “The Princess and the Frog” over in New Orleans Square at Disneyland.
- Cinderella’s mice friends, Jaq and Gus, have scurried on into the Disneyland Resort, taking on the form of Disney Park Pals!
- The refurbished “it’s a small world” at Disneyland Paris will reopen after a year and a half on May 5, 2023.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- “StellaLou’s Wonderful Wishes Ballet,” the brand-new show featuring the Hong Kong Ballet, premiered yesterday exclusively at Disney’s Storybook Theater at Hong Kong Disneyland.
The Walt Disney Company
- Former Marvel Entertainment Chairman Isaac “Ike” Perlmutter has now commented on being fired by The Walt Disney Company, saying he was fired because of “fundamental differences in business” between himself and Disney leadership.
- Joe Earley, who was President of Hulu, has now been promoted to President of Direct-to-Consumer for Disney Entertainment.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!