We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, April 6, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The tree trunk atop Chick-A-Pin Hill on the former Splash Mountain has been removed.
- We stopped in at The Friar’s Nook today to try the new Caramel Apple-Pecan Hand Pie, and you can check out our review!
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- After three years, cultural representatives have returned to working at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- The new Disney Vacation Club tower at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is really taking shape!
- We have a full list of the Disney100 medallions available around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Ready to begin! There’s a new Happily Ever After-themed phone case, magnet, and ornament at the Magic Kingdom.
- It’s also showtime at the Magic Kingdom, where we found a new ornament themed to Fritz from The Enchanted TIki Room.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- Today, Walt Disney World announced they would resume sales of all four tiers of Annual Passes starting later this month!
- Amid continuing spring break crowds, Genie+ sold out for the fourth day in a row this morning.
- Starting wages for Disney College Program Cast Members will increase by $2 later this year.
- A new filter has been added to the My Disney Experience App which allows guests to filter mobile orders by what’s available now and where they are.
- Speaking of the app, the icon and splash screen have also received a makeover now that the 50th Anniversary celebration has concluded.
- Programs and travelers alike can start streaming music from TRON Lightcycle Run and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge on music services tomorrow!
- There’s a new collection of Loungefly merchandise themed to The Enchanted Tiki Room, including apparel and a backpack, now available at Disneyland!
- Fan favorites like the Father and Mother from Carousel of Progress and the Hippos from Fantasia will greet guests during Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite later this month.
- Select lightsaber hilts are currently 30% off in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland.
- A new safety feature in the queue of Indiana Jones Adventure has been torn out by guests several times already.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- The first images of “Disney Harmony in Color” were released today ahead of the new parade’s debut next weekend.
Disney Cruise Line
- We learned today that MagicBand+ will make its debut as DisneyBand+ on Disney Cruise Line ships sometime soon!
Entertainment & Media
- Oscar-winning production designer Norman Reynolds, famous for “Star Wars” and “Indiana Jones” films, passed away today at 89.
- The lyrics of both “Kiss the Girl” and “Poor Unfortunate Souls” have been updated by Alan Menken to reflect sensitivity changes in the upcoming “The Little Mermaid” remake.
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney has appointed its first-ever Chief Brand Officer, named Asad Ayaz.
- As we previously covered earlier this week, chief lawmakers met with Hollywood executives including Bob Iger today to discuss censorship and trade in China.
WDW News Today
WDW After Five – We Go To Dahlia Lounge at Gran Destino Tower
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!