We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, May 12, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The signage for Refreshment Station has returned to former Cool Wash as refurbishment nears completion in World Discovery.
- We got an aerial look at the construction site for Dreamer’s Point, CommuniCore Hall, and the Journey of Water today.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge has welcomed a new a-boar-able Red River Hog to the family!
- Construction is progressing quickly on the second structure for the upcoming Disney Vacation Club wing at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- We found a new Tinker Bell-themed ear headband today at EPCOT.
- Celebrate Walt Disney World itself with plenty of new apparel we spotted at the Magic Kingdom.
- New Disney100 Coca-Cola bottles are now on sale in fridges around Walt Disney World.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- Another new digital road sign has been installed above World Drive.
- Polls show Americans favor Disney in the battle against DeSantis, but are split on who “behaved properly” in the tiff.
- Operating hours have been extended for the end of May and beginning of June at two Walt Disney World parks.
- A Walt Disney World Cast Member was recently arrested for possession of child pornography, and also shared private information and photos of coworkers online.
- The hit show “American Idol” visited Disneyland this week for a special Disney Week coming up.
- A special padded play area has opened just for “little Goofs” in Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland.
- One of the original Disneyland Railroad locomotives, the C.K. Holliday, has returned to service this week at Disneyland.
Entertainment & Media
- Contrary to recent reports, Jamie Foxx has been out of the hospital for weeks per his daughter.
The Walt Disney Company
- A new book inspired by the relationship between former CEO Bob Chapek and returning CEO Bob Iger has been sold to HarperCollins.
- Disney’s latest financial filings warns investors that the Florida Legislature is negatively impacting their business outlook.
- We have a closer look at the new Colombia Adventures by Disney trip.
- Merchandise formerly exclusive to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is now available on shopDisney.
WDW News Today
Attendance Down Following Disney World 50th Anniversary, First Look Inside Frozen Roller Coaster – NewsToday 5/12
Tokyo Disney Resort Merchandise Madness! – Boxed In
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!