We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, September 13, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- A New Jersey child experienced whiplash on Peter Pan’s Flight, according to a new lawsuit filed by his father against Disney this week.
- The transformation continues at Tiana’s Bayou Adventure in Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, as work begins on the mill roof to the left of the mountain and a new concrete structure appears in the back queue of the attraction.
- The first “Encanto” decorations have been added to Fairytale Garden in Magic Kingdom, where a Mirabel meet and greet will open later this month.
- The seagull animatronics best known for shouting “Mine! Mine! Mine!” at The Seas with Nemo & Friends have been removed from the attraction’s entrance sign.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The white scrim present on the upper floors of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has now come down, as work is finishing up on the guest floor railings overlooking the lobby.
- New ornaments featuring classic Disney theme park snacks and Mickey & Friends “Cartoon Pals” have arrived at Walt Disney World.
- More new “Encanto” merchandise has arrived at Walt Disney World. This week, we found a Bruno shirt, an “Encanto” glass, an “Encanto” backpack, and Isabela and Luisa plush.
- The previously-announced Figment Little Golden Book has revealed its cover ahead of its January 2024 publication. The book can be preordered now on Amazon.
Other Walt Disney World News
- During a meeting on Wednesday evening, the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Board of Supervisors will discuss and likely adopt their proposed budget for fiscal year 2024. The proposed budget includes a $3.1 million cut to roadway repairs and maintenance around Walt Disney World.
- A Florida man has been arrested for leading a protest outside Walt Disney World in June in which participants waved Nazi swastika and DeSantis 2024 flags.
- After years of construction, Brightline will begin their train service between Orlando International Airport and South Florida destinations (Miami, Aventura, Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach) on September 22, 2023.
- A “Rogers: The Musical” cast recording album will be available for streaming online starting this Friday, September 15.
- Pym Test Kitchen has recalculated their breakfast offerings with two new additions in Avengers Campus, but are they worth the visit? We went to Disney California Adventure to try them for ourselves.
- More construction walls have gone up in Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland Park, this time around CenTOONial Park and its fountain and play area.
- A new Steak and Egg Breakfast Burrito has arrived at the Cappuccino Cart in San Fransokyo Square. Is it worth the stop? Read our review here.
- The “Monster Baby” shortbread Halloween cookie has returned to Jack-Jack Cookie Num Nums in Disney California Adventure for the 2023 Halloween season.
- The Halloween season is in full swing at Disney California Adventure thanks to Oogie Boogie Bash, and with it comes plenty of new merchandise — like the Limited Release Disney Munchlings Cinnamon Cupcake Jack Skellington, available in park and online.
- On a recent visit to San Fransokyo Square at Disney California Adventure, we spotted a new mural by the Baby Care Center that invites kids to “Grow with Baymax!”
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Tokyo Disneyland’s Halloween Spooky “Boo!” Parade has returned in its (mostly) full form after being modified due to excessive heat.
The Walt Disney Company
- In a meeting of the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District held today, board chairman Martin Garcia took several minutes at the end of the public session to lambast Disney over its relationship with what was formerly known as the Reedy Creek Improvement District, as well as its lawsuits against Governor Ron DeSantis and the CFTOD board itself.
- Storyliving by Disney has shared more concept art and details about Cotino, their first community, coming soon to Coachella Valley in California.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!