We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, September 18, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Adventureland, Frontierland, and Liberty Square all failed to open when Magic Kingdom opened its gates Monday morning. Rumors suggesting that a real black bear inside the park was the culprit of the delays started to circulate, and these rumors were confirmed after the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission put out a statement confirming they were working to capture the animal. The bear was ultimately captured and removed from Magic Kingdom.
- Chip ‘n’ Dale had their meet and greet moved from its usual Fantasyland home to Tomorrowland on Monday, and whether or not this is a permanent residency is not yet known
- The Luminous: The Symphony of Us nighttime spectacular will premiere at EPCOT on December 5. It was supposed to debut in “late September or early October” but was reportedly pushed back due to Disney being unhappy with the work done by composer Pinar Toprak.
- There’s temporarily one less place to stock up on snacks at EPCOT, as a snack cart in World Discovery is currently surrounded by work walls
- Ahead of the installation of the “Walt the Dreamer” statue at EPCOT, a new collection featuring the sculpture has made its debut at Creations Shop in World Celebration
- As EPCOT continues its massive renovation project, The Seas with Nemo & Friends exterior is receiving some freshening up.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Walt Disney World Resort has shared new art for one of the offerings planned for Disney Jollywood Nights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this holiday season, titled “Holiday Fiesta En La Calle.”
- The 1990s Disney100 Decades collection has arrived at Walt Disney World Resort, featuring items inspired by “A Goofy Movie,” “Beauty and the Beast,” and the animated television series “Darkwing Duck.”
- A Loungefly Minnie Ear Headband from the new EPCOT Reimagined Line is available on shopDisney
- As the long-awaited return of runDisney events approaches at Disneyland Resort, a first look at the 2024 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend finisher medals has been revealed
- Avengers hopefuls now have a new place to shop in Avengers Campus, as Avengers Vault is now open at Disney California Adventure. We checked out the store and all of the Marvel-inspired merchandise.
- With fall arriving at Disneyland Park, new seasonal menu items are being added — including two new options at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. We tried and reviewed them.
- New banners depicting the members of the Big Hero 6 superhero team have been installed in San Fransokyo Square at Disney California Adventure
- A new Ashoka Loungefly mini backpack has arrived at Disneyland Resort
Disney Cruise Line
- Two new discounts and deals are available for those looking to book a winter trip to Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa
Entertainment and Media
- ABC will simulcast every Monday Night Football game with ESPN throughout the 2023 NFL season amidst the ongoing WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes
- “Loki” fans, your wait is almost over! The streaming release date for season two of the Marvel Studios series has been moved up a day
- “Elemental” has set the streaming world on fire, as the film has been viewed 26.4 million times since making its debut on the Disney+ streaming service on September 13
WDW News Today
New Avengers Vault Store Opens in Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure
REVIEW: New Fall Menu Items at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!