We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, October 24, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney World has announced that the “Disney Enchantment” nighttime spectacular will return to Magic Kingdom in January 2024, exclusively at Disney After Hours events.
- TRON Lightcycle Run at Magic Kingdom will utilize a standby queue during 2024 offerings of Disney After Hours, marking the first time that the recently-opened attraction will use such a queue structure.
- Ahead of the winter holidays, the Festival of Fantasy Parade will be adding a second showtime starting in November at Magic Kingdom.
- Construction continues throughout EPCOT, but while on a recent visit, we noticed that construction walls had gone up around one of the Liquid Layer interactive splash pads in World Discovery.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- While visiting Disney’s Animal Kingdom, we saw that the Merry Menagerie-themed decorations have begun to appear in the park.
- The holiday season is right around the corner as we spotted a new Disney100 Swarovski advent calendar in Crystal Arts during our latest trip to Magic Kingdom.
- On our latest trip to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, we saw two new Star Wars pullback landspeeders available for purchase.
- On our latest trip to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, we saw a new set of ears themed to Disney’s “Enchanted” as a part of the 2000s Disney100 Decades Collection.
- We found a number of new Disney pins during a recent visit to Walt Disney World, including pins for “Star Wars,” “A Goofy Movie,” “Brother Bear,” and the Halloween favorite Headless Horseman.
- Add a bit of “Star Wars” style to your Disney Parks wardrobe with the new Princess Leia Bun Ear Headband, which we spotted on a recent trip to Walt Disney World Resort.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World has announced the return of Disney After Hours events starting in January 2024.
- Walt Disney World has announced its 2024 discounts for active and retired members of the United States military.
- If you want to spend the final hours before the arrival of Santa Claus grabbing a bite at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel or theme park, you’re in luck, as Christmas Eve dining reservations at restaurants across Walt Disney World Resort open tomorrow (October 25).
- Sales for The Villas at Disneyland Hotel opened to existing DVC members on May 2, and to the public on May 30, 2023. And now, less than 6 months later, one of those buyers has already put their contract up for sale.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney has confirmed that a Haunted Mansion bar expanding the iconic attraction’s story will materialize aboard the Disney Treasure, Disney Cruise Line’s sixth vessel that will embark on its maiden voyage in late 2024.
- Exclusive Haunted Mansion-inspired merchandise will be available aboard the Disney Treasure, and Disney has shared a first look at some of the new items.
- Disney also shared a first look at some of the exclusive beverages that will materialize at the Haunted Mansion bar aboard the Disney Treasure.
Entertainment and Media
- Disney has released a short video preview of “This Is The Thanks I Get?!,” a song performed by King Magnifico (voiced by Chris Pine) in the upcoming film “Wish.”
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney Live Entertainment Parades and Spectaculars Executive Steve Davison recently spoke about Walt Disney Imagineering’s already-present and growing interest in the technology, stating “drones are the next thing.”
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!