We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, December 11, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The Liberty Square Ticket Office has become the new check-in location for “Capture Your Moment” private PhotoPass sessions at Magic Kingdom.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort has discontinued the Krakatoa Punch and Uh-Oa tiki mugs.
- A new tiki drink, the “Sign the Scroll,” was available alongside the Ursula tiki mug at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto, and we gave it a review.
- A blue version of the Ursula tiki mug first released at Disneyland Resort is now available for a limited time at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- We were lucky enough to get one of the Ursula tiki mugs for ourselves later on in the day.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney has revealed the medals that runners will receive during the 2024 runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend taking place April 18 – 21, 2024, at Walt Disney World.
- This week’s board meeting for the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District has been canceled — just one day before the CFTOD Board and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis are set to go to federal court against Disney.
- An Instagram video going viral this week shows one Disneyland guest yelling at another for speaking Spanish in America.
- Disneyland Resort has confirmed that the Haunted Mansion attraction at Disneyland Park will be closing for refurbishment in January 2024.
- A new partially-fleece Sleeping Beauty Castle Spirit Jersey has arrived at Disneyland Resort.
- Two new large canvas tote bags featuring the Disneyland Resort logo are now available to help carry all your park day essentials.
- Disney Vacation Club Members can join in on the holiday spirit with new holiday merchandise available now at Disneyland Resort.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- The current version of Space Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland will close permanently on July 31, 2024, at the end of a months-long celebration of the attraction called “Celebrating Space Mountain: The Final Ignition!”
- Leading up to and after the grand opening of Fantasy Springs in Tokyo DisneySea, the “Dreaming of Fantasy Springs” event will celebrate the new land.
- In their calendar of spring 2024 special events, Tokyo Disney Resort announced their first-ever Tokyo DisneySea Food & Wine Festival.
- As the Tokyo Disney Resort 40th anniversary “Dream-Go-Round” celebration nears its end, a collection of grand finale merchandise will be available at the parks.
- Disneyland Paris revealed a new collectible figure of the Mayor from Phantom Manor by artists Kevin and Jody.
- Zootopia at Shanghai Disneyland will open on December 20, 2023, and Disney has shared a full guide to all of the special food and beverage items that will be available in the new land.
Entertainment and Media
- Following a battle for the rights to Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, and other Marvel Universe characters, the estate of prolific comic book artist Steve Ditko and Marvel have reached a legal settlement for a lawsuit that began in 2021.
- The Walt Disney Company was nominated for a total of 27 Golden Globe Awards, including eight nominations for “Poor Things” from Searchlight Pictures.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!