We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, December 19, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Since the World Discovery liquid layer splash pad reopened in EPCOT, a sign listing the activity’s rules has been installed.
- The creatures and Cast Members of The Seas With Nemo & Friends Pavilion at EPCOT celebrated Hanukkah and are gearing up for Christmas this year with decorations and Santa hats.
- After years of being turned off, the underwater effect has been restored to a screen “skylight” in the SeaBase section of The Seas With Nemo & Friends Pavilion at EPCOT.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- A reimagined stage show inspired by Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “The Little Mermaid” will replace “Voyage of The Little Mermaid” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Earlier today, guests were not able to make either hotel room only or package bookings for Walt Disney World vacations on the Walt Disney World website.
Other Walt Disney World News
- runDisney has revealed the two 2024 Coast to Coast Challenge medals for guests who complete a half marathon distance or greater at both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.
- The former Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar at Disney California Adventure is now surrounded by construction walls to become a new Disney Vacation Club “Welcome Home Center.”
- An interactive “Wish” photo op presented by Meta has opened at Disneyland Resort.
- At an event for the grand opening of Zootopia at Shanghai Disneyland, Chairperson of Walt Disney Parks, Experiences & Products Josh D’Amaro introduced audiences to an incredible roaming Duke Weaselton Audio-Animatronic character.
Entertainment and Media
- While playing the new video game “Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora,” we spotted a familiar piece of flora that visitors to Pandora — The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom might recognize.
- Marvel is now referring to the next Avengers film as “Avengers 5” instead of “Avengers: The Kang Dynasty” after parting ways with Kang actor Jonathan Majors.
- During our 50-hour marathon show benefitting Toys for Tots this year, we played two holiday games by Funko: Winnie the Pooh Snow Parade Game and “The Muppet Christmas Carol” Spirit of Giving Game. Check out our reviews!
- Originally scheduled to be released on Wednesday, December 20, episodes of “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” made a surprise debut a day early on Disney+ and Hulu.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!