We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, December 22, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The times for the Festival of Fantasy Parade and Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade will be adjusted in mid-January at Magic Kingdom.
- The light-up circuit-inspired walls in the TRON Lightcycle Run queue at Magic Kingdom have returned after being replaced by plain black walls in October.
- Everyone’s favorite purple dragon, Figment, now has his own caramel cold brew at EPCOT, so we had to stop by and give it a try!
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The lettering that once let guests know they were entering the Shades of Green Resort area has now been entirely removed at Walt Disney World Resort.
- There’s a new Disney Munchlings friend in town — Ramen Noodle Pluto is the latest adorable snack-themed plush to hit shelves at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Two new Disney’s Animal Kingdom pins featuring Mickey and Pluto are available at pin locations in Walt Disney World Resort. We first spotted them at Pin Traders in Disney Springs.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World previously extended hours for three parks on New Year’s Eve and in early January 2024. Now Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom are getting a few extra hours in the second week of January.
- Walt Disney World announced on Instagram four special treats that will be available at the end of this month and in early January 2024 to celebrate the new year.
- This afternoon, Friday, December 22, Walt Disney World filed a new lawsuit against the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District (CFTOD) claiming they didn’t turn over public records.
- Parts of the Disneyland Hotel were evacuated Thursday night as dozens of police officers responded to reports of a shooting that turned out to be a hoax.
- Many themed pieces of the Astro Orbitor at Disneyland have been removed during the ride’s refurbishment.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Urayasu City Hall in the Chiba Prefecture of Japan received an email on Thursday morning stating bombs had been planted at Tokyo Disney Resort and surrounding city facilities.
- The Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris will reopen after a lengthy royal refurbishment on January 25, 2024. Full menus, including pricing, for the hotel’s restaurants have been released on the Disneyland Paris website and app.
- After sharing a preview of merchandise and souvenirs last month, Disney Parks Blog released a closer look at some of the merchandise available at the new Zootopia land at Shanghai Disney Resort.
Entertainment and Media
- A jury found on Thursday that Disney infringed on VFX company Rearden’s intellectual property with CG animation used in the 2017 live-action “Beauty and the Beast.”
- After a ransomware group leaked over 1.3 million internal documents from Insomniac Games, including footage from their upcoming “Wolverine” game for PlayStation 5 and details of their rights to X-Men characters, the game studio has issued a statement.
- The holidays are only a few days away, so if you’re looking for any last-minute gifts for tech or video game lovers, or maybe you’re looking for a way to spend that gift card you just got, we have you covered! (Affiliate content)
- Select Disney Lorcana products from both The First Chapter and Rise of the Floodborn are available to purchase on shopDisney and the Best Buy website.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!