We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, December 26, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Flower boxes have been installed on the Columbia Harbour House façade in Magic Kingdom during its ongoing refurbishment.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- More thatched roofing has been added to what is thought to be new covered seating in the Africa section of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- The Art of Shaving at Disney Springs will close permanently next month after almost eight years of operation.
- The “Play in the Park” collection keeps growing, as new items have arrived at Walt Disney World, including a Mickey balloon pillow, Spirit Jersey, and more.
- A new “Lilly Loves Disney” collection by Lilly Pulitzer is available at Walt Disney World Resort.
- A new Stitch plush has arrived at Walt Disney World for Valentine’s Day 2024 although Christmas 2023 only just passed.
- A new Mickey & Co. apparel collection featuring imagery inspired by the 1935 Disney short “Mickey’s Garden” has made its way to Chester & Hester’s Dinosaur Treasures at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Walt Disney World has a new lightsaber water bottle inspired by the signature weapon of Darth Vader in the “Star Wars” franchise.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park will close again beginning on Thursday, December 28, due to cold weather in Central Florida.
- Riders stuck on Radiator Springs Racers in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure recently spotted what looks like a hidden Aladdin.
- A new Magic Key-exclusive Popcorn Bucket and PhotoPass Magic Shot are coming to Disneyland Resort in January 2024.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- The security scanners tested at Tokyo DisneySea earlier this year are becoming a more permanent feature of the resort and have been installed at the park’s north gate (near Hotel MiraCosta) as well as at Tokyo Disneyland.
- The new Hotel Hightower merchandise collection teased on the Tokyo Disney Resort website earlier this month is now available in Tower of Terror Memorabilia in Tokyo DisneySea.
- A new Tokyo Disney Resort photo op coming next year is inspired by the resort’s old Today Guide, which was discontinued with the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The first two episodes of “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” reached a record-breaking 13.3 million viewers in its first six days of streaming on Disney+ and Hulu.
- Disney has signed a non-binding term sheet with Indian company Reliance Industries that would see the merger of their India operations, including Disney+ Hotstar.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!